Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up A Stall

Options
  • 01-09-2011 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi,
    I would like to set up a baking stall at a country market!!! Do I need to call the HSE out to make sure my kitchen is ok or whatever? Or do I just pay insurance with my fee to the market organiser? What is the process involved?
    Thank you!!!
    Also, are home baking stalls very common at markets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I cant answer for the HSE other than to say that if nobody else answers ring your local Environmental Health Officer.

As for insurance in any market type event I was involved with in the past each individual may have paid towards the market for public liability, but product liability etc is not covered. If your wanting to be insured for all eventualities out of your stall you will need your own policy.

Home baking stalls do seem popular at markets. At the market I am most familiar with there was only one or two baking style stalls out of about 40 upwards (and these were more cake/treat style).

Advertisement