Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marino

• 01-09-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, first time poster on this :D

Wondering if anyone can shed any light on Coláiste Marino for me? Starting there this year and I'm looking info on hours, subjects, the college itself, sports teams etc.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

In my experience, Marino is fantastic!

I did the Post-Grad four years ago, having done my original degree in UCD a few years before that. The atmosphere around the college was much friendlier than out in UCD and even though the course was full-on, there was a more laid-back vibe too, most likely because it's so much smaller. The gym and canteen building is new. I also got on great with the lecturers, most of whom were really into their jobs (they're all on secondment from their positions in schools, having been chosen for the college because of their skills).

There were times however when I would have a different view of the atmosphere there if I was an undergrad. I felt right at home among all the other post-grads who were really focused on doing well (most having paid the €7000 fee, including me). We had good craic too (check out The Goose Bar around the corner!), but we had all done the big college thing beforehand (ie "Rag Weeks, Fresher's weeks etc)...so the quieter vibe around the place didn't bother us. It probably would have bothered me had I not done it beforehand. I reckon I would have felt a bit confined and trapped by the 9-5 lectures and small campus...............everybody can find ways to enjoy themselves though ;)

Anyway, I had a great time in Marino and actually learned loads.....which has really helped me over the past 4 years out in school.

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 I.Do.Love.Tea

Oh thank God some other 1st year marino, scoured the internet looking for anything while waiting an absolute age for registration stuff from the college. Would also love anything on the course, almost getting bored waiting to start with some friends having started back in August....

Advertisement