Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable Problems And General Frustration.

Options
  • 01-09-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm an undergraduate starting 1st year this September. I registered for my modules with no problem but some times didn't suit me. When i tried to change times it appeared to work no problem but when i looked at my calendar, it told me that I was registered to both the original time and the time I changed to
    (i.e I Change from 12:00 Tuesday to 14:00 Thursday but my timetable tells me I have the same lecture on at 12 on Tuesday AND 2 on Thurday.)

Also, I thought elective registration starts tomorrow but when i was going through a list of electives I found one for level one which gave me the option to register, I did, and now it's on my timetable also, should this have happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm having that same issue too, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Mr Mime wrote: »
    I'm an undergraduate starting 1st year this September. I registered for my modules with no problem but some times didn't suit me. When i tried to change times it appeared to work no problem but when i looked at my calendar, it told me that I was registered to both the original time and the time I changed to
    (i.e I Change from 12:00 Tuesday to 14:00 Thursday but my timetable tells me I have the same lecture on at 12 on Tuesday AND 2 on Thurday.)

Maybe if you give it time it will change. Otherwise, contact the Module Coordinator for that specific module to see what the story is.
    Mr Mime wrote: »
    Also, I thought elective registration starts tomorrow but when i was going through a list of electives I found one for level one which gave me the option to register, I did, and now it's on my timetable also, should this have happened?

If you were able select electives then elective registration is open for you. Due to a crash at the beginning of the week when elective registration for stage 2+ students opened, elective registration dates have been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

Give it time and dropped lecture times will disappear or if they wont, well it doesnt matter since you registered for other times. I had once a full eelctive in my timetable which I dropped but it was on my timetable entire semester. They eventually removed lectures but practical classes were still displayed.

I was looking to do English as a module but it wasn't available to me from when I signed in this to the registration system this morning. Does that mean it is full up? Could free places be added eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mr Mime

All my friends had problems with English aswell, it could very well be full up as other stuff disappeared throughout the day , like film and spanish etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Indeed.

I never got the chance to see English or Film or Spanish!

Just left with a heap of sh1t€ that I've no interest in.

Portuguese and English were not available this morning (didn't know there was a Film Studies module so I guess you can add that as well). In the afternoon I noticed German (Beginners) and Spanish (Beginners and non-Beginners) had dropped off. Since then I haven't seen any change.

I really hope I get to do English... so many options and yet the one module I'd like to do the most is not available. :(

I saw Portuguese there this afternoon.

So maybe there's a chance English will crop up again, if extra places become available. I presume that's what happened with Portuguese.

Yeah. But lots do English. I'd say Portuguese will always be available. Maybe a few people had it open/chosen at the same time and it came up as being full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement