Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Torchwood: Miracle Day - Episode 9 *Spoilers*

• 01-09-2011 3:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:p buck the trend and get the thread in before time ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

What the hell is the blessing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

it looks like a giant vagina :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

it looks like a giant vagina :P

It's like series one all over again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Well the blessing looks....well...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

My reaction to this episodes's ending is probably best summarised in the words of the Tenth Doctor:

What? What?! WHAT?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Very strange, A hole that goes all the way through the earth:confused:

this is getting very very weird, what does jacks blood have to do with it??

anyone else just watching out off morbid curiosity at this stage???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well there's only one episode left so might as well watch to see what explanation they come up with for a giant vagina going all the way through the centre of the Earth.

Yes, it has been a disappointment. Reminds me a bit of Smallville where the entire season is one big tease and you're left with them trying to cram all the good stuff into the space of 20 mins in the finale episode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I actually caught the last 20 minutes or so completely by accident - I was flicking the TV and happened upon it. This show had utterly disappeared from my thoughts, but it was amazing how little the show had appeared to have moved on. I abandoned it around ep 5/6 and yet nothing seemed to have changed. It was all quite dull, though I did laugh out loud at the horrendous public-servant who caught Gwen's dad - who even wrote those lines - I don't care how much influence RTD has on these scripts, Torchwood's a dreadful show, glad it's nearly over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So i watched Children of Earth on monday with the missus, up until then i thought this was a fairly decent little show,

Was Coe a fluke of some sorts?
    Has MD been dumbed down for an american audience?
    They fit more into the 5 episodes than have been in the 10 in this one,
    The characters where more fleshed out,

Daines could have been a great character in this show but his flame was extingushed too soon, he's a spokesman for no well defined reason, he shows glimpses he's an intelligent man, but it's never explored fully,

In coe you knew from the get go aliens,
    This one it's not fully revealed until the last episode that it's aliens or technology or jacks blood,

any whos i have to watch the last episode now but not cause i'm enjoying it just cause i have too. blah

allan out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

theres probably some really clever individual out there that can represent the Quality of Torchwood episodes/seasons in the form of a quadratic Equation

aX^2+bX+c=0

where
    S1 is in the range -5 to 0
    S2 is 0 to 20
    CoE is 20 to 50
    And
    MD Races away to minus 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00000000

quadratic-functions.html&docid=Hw-Ywz81Bl6_pM&w=405&h=415&ei=njlqTs-nM8yf-waiw9nJBA&zoom=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Stark wrote: »
    Well there's only one episode left so might as well watch to see what explanation they come up with for a giant vagina going all the way through the centre of the Earth.

Yes, it has been a disappointment. Reminds me a bit of Smallville where the entire season is one big tease and you're left with them trying to cram all the good stuff into the space of 20 mins in the finale episode.

The difference being Smallville's filler episodes can at least be entertaining in their own right, the filler here varies between depressing to just boring.

Seriously though they could have compressed this arc into 5 episodes. Personally "if" they decide to do a season 5 (yeah, because that's gonna happen! :rolleyes:) I would rather they go back to the old "villain of the week" format, by all means keeping a story thread throughout the season if they want. it worked well for season 2. It works for the parent show. Season 3 was fine as a one off but I think it needs to get back to its roots.

BTW Anyone else wondering how this all ties into the parent show? Not expecting a load of in episode dialogue about it, can we assume Amy & Rory are away with the Doc while all this crap is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

Yes! Is it Jack's blood or isn't it?! Just go fix everything so everyone can die again. It's getting very dragged out and boring. Just tell us already!

And good question on how it ties in with the parent show. If this was in any way believable (:P), the Doctor would be in there like a demon sorting them all out!

Advertisement