Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonalds price cuts

Options
  • 01-09-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

So I went into mcds today to see signs all over the place about them taking 25c off burgers and passing the VAT savings on to us.
    Got 2 student meals which up until last week were €5 each, then it cost me €11 today.
    Some rip off!
    They take 25c off burgers then add 50c onto the one meal on the menu that is meant to be cheap :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

stacexD wrote: »
    So I went into mcds today to see signs all over the place about them taking 25c off burgers and passing the VAT savings on to us.
    Got 2 student meals which up until last week were €5 each, then it cost me €11 today.
    Some rip off!
    They take 25c off burgers then add 50c onto the one meal on the menu that is meant to be cheap :/

wasn't that a special offer that had an expiry date of 31st August? Its now September 1st so the special offer is over.

where on earth is the rip off here?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

A student meal is a special offer?
    Ive been getting them for the past year for a fiver.
    and a normal meal costs more than 5.50 so the student meal has went up 50c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

stacexD wrote: »
    Some rip off!

Comparing McDonalds prices to Supermacs, McDonalds are more competitive. Supermacs are a complete rip-off and their food represents less value for money. I normally go for the Euro saver menu anytime I'm in McDonalds. But I understand your frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PadraicEgan

how about just not goin to mcdonalds...you'll save hundreds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Cheaper sometimes really!
    Getting back to the college house on a sunday evening and cooking for one is a bit silly sometimes.
    Everywhere around my college house does a student deal for a fiver, takeaway pizza and chips, fish and chips, mcds, eddie rockets, chinese and all the rest of it, so sunday & wednesday was usually a takeaway then the good ole 3 for 9 euro in tesco for mon/tue/thurs.

It's not the 50c that annoys me though it's just the fact that they're preaching about savings then putting up the price of the so called value meal, just one of those many things that drives me mad because of the principle :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement