Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental Deposit Issue

Options
  • 01-09-2011 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend moved out of a house 2 months ago and has been in contact with the landlord and landlady numerous (about 10) times with regard getting her deposit back.

They say every time that it just slipped their minds and that they will get it sorted.
    I can't imagine people being that forgetful that they wouldn't have remembered to sort it by now.

Just wanted to get opinions from people in relation to next course of action.
    Thought I'd ring them and say that I will be getting into contact with the PRTB in relation to this unless the deposit is returned within a few days.

Get the feeling they wouldn't be registered with the PRTB, so thought that might give them a bit of a scare and force them to pay up.

Following that, small claims court?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Just going to bump this.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

As far as I know whether or not the are registered makes no difference you can still bring a dispute against them through PRTB. They would probably get an extra fine for registering as it is not a choice it is a requirement.

Just get you girlfriend to contact them and tell them that she will be proceeding with a dispute through the PRTB if they have not pain in 3 days ( or whatever she feels is reasonable). Then if they have not paid go to the PRTB and raise a dispute.

Advertisement