Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing Campagnolo Chorus Brake Levers

• 01-09-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Any help appreciated. Pics attached.

Having difficulty trying to remove the brake/gear levers.

I can't seem to reach the allen nut even with the lever pulled as far back as it will go.

They're Chorus ergopower levers marked BB system.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

if they'r anything like shimano, loosen/remove the cables then "shift" and brake at the same time and you get much more access to the bolt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭doh777

ok. think I've tried that but will try again. With the shifter to the left and the brake fully pulled back can't seem to get the neccesary access to the bolt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Pull back the brake hoods, not the lever. The bolt is under there. At least that's where it is on the newer ones.

I'll try that. these are form early 90's I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The bolt is under the hood on my 10-year old Chorus ergolevers too, from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

PS, you pull the hoods back from the rear, i.e. pull them towards the front wheel.

done. under the hood. they don't make it easy.

thanks.

Advertisement