Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA Journalism

Options
  • 01-09-2011 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all.

I did my leaving cert two years ago and didn't get enough points to do journalism in DIT. Since then I've completed a Higher National Diploma in Media Production (Radio) at Ballyfermot College of Further Education. I'm just wondering could I get into DIT Journalism through advanced entry with a HND?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lynne90

Hi! I myself did the media (journalism) higher national diploma course in Rathmines college of further education for two years and am just about to start third year of BA journ. in DIT.

During the last week of classes, my tutor informed my class that DIT were taking advanced entry students for the BA Journalism course so long as we reached a certain criteria (to the best of my knowledge I think I needed a merit average minimum). Once myself and and few other students expressed interest he then gave us the application form and told us to submit it by a certain date.

Four of us applied and all four of us were accepted into second year of BA Journalism. It's been a great year and I can't wait to continue the degree so I'd strongly recommend talking to your class tutor as they would be able to contact the suitable people/s in DIT to let you know if you can apply or not!

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

Thanks for that. Yes I have a merit profile from BCFE. Its too late to apply now but I will next year!

Advertisement