Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
  • 01-09-2011 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Is this phone any good? I just received a text from o2 offering me this phone for free!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

One of the best if not the best on the Market right now you will find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

snap o2's arm off with the phone still in the hand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

One of the best if not the best on the Market right now you will find.

I'm not big on surfing the net from my phone, so I don't know about going for it.....?

Not due an upgrade until February next year! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I'm not big on surfing the net from my phone, so I don't know about going for it.....?

I'll take it off your hands :)

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    I'll take it off your hands :)

Haven't bought it yet. :p

Not due an upgrade until February next year! :(

This phone will probably be replaced by something else by the time I'm due my upgrade.......? :(

This phone will probably be replaced by something else by the time I'm due my upgrade.......? :(

But didn't O2 offer it to you for free now?
    Having said that, they will probably tie you into another 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

If you don't already want it there's no sense in committing to another long contract IMHO.

But didn't O2 offer it to you for free now?
    Having said that, they will probably tie you into another 18 month contract.

I queried this with them, and it was a generic text alerting people of the availability of the offer. I checked with both 02, and the Carphone Warehouse, and I'm not eligible for an upgrade until February next year.

• Advertisement

So they said 'now available free', but not to you specifically?

So they said 'now available free', but not to you specifically?

It was a generic text. It was available free if you were eligible for an upgrade? Which I'm not.

It was a generic text. It was available free if you were eligible for an upgrade? Which I'm not.

just to add...................I wonder why they sent it to everyone on their network, if some of those customers were not eligible for an upgrade??? :confused: Surely they would be able to distinguish who is/isn't eligble for upgrades, and send it to the appropriate people only??

Can anyone enlighten me as to the pro's/con's of this phone?

Pro's
    ===
    Probably the BEST [android] phone available to date.
    Dual core CPU
    Hefty GPU
    Lickity Split Fast

Con's
    ====
    Expensive

Pro's
    ===
    Dual core CPU
    Hefty GPU
    Lickity Split Fast

Con's
    ====
    Expensive

It may be free to me on BillPay when I'm due my upgrade next year.......? :D

Pro's
    ===
    Dual core CPU
    Hefty GPU
    Lickity Split Fast

Con's
    ====
    Expensive

GPU?

It may be free to me on BillPay when I'm due my upgrade next year.......? :D
    Free = 18 [24?] months of €60~ a month contract:)
    SOMETIMES it works out cheaper to purchase the phone outright for €500~ but get a cheaper, 12 month [or rolling 30 day] sim free contract. Most people cannot afford the outright expense.
    GPU?
    Graphical Processing Unit [in short, good games :)]

Free = 18 [24?] months of €60~ a month contract:)
    SOMETIMES it works out cheaper to purchase the phone outright for €500~ but get a cheaper, 12 month [or rolling 30 day] sim free contract. Most people cannot afford the outright expense.

Graphical Processing Unit [in short, good games :)]

Eh?

Eh?

Option 1
    18 month @ €60pm including free SGS2 = €1080 minimum over the 18 months.

Option 2
    Purchase phone yourself from Expansys = €580
    and take out a rolling 30 day sim only contract @ €20pm = €360 minimum for 18 months.

Option 1 costs you €1080 over 18 months. You MUST run the full 18 months.
    Option 2 only costs you €940 over 18 months but you can cancel the sim only contract with only 30 days notice, at any time.

EDIT : Actually, the SGS2 is only free when you spend €100 a month. Change option 1, above, to €1800~ over the 18 month course. A difference of nearly €1000 over option 2

• Advertisement

Option 1

Option 2
    and take out a rolling 30 day sim only contract @ €20pm = €360 minimum for 18 months.

Option 2 only costs you €940 over 18 months but you can cancel the sim only contract with only 30 days notice, at any time.

F**k. I was thinking of upgrading my phone on my current o2 account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Makdoll

Can anyone recommend a business where they can fix the galaxy s screen on my phone. I've tried a lot of local businesses in Clare and had no joy..

Makdoll wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a business where they can fix the galaxy s screen on my phone. I've tried a lot of local businesses in Clare and had no joy..

Bring it back to where you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Option 1

Option 2

EDIT : Actually, the SGS2 is only free when you spend €100 a month. Change option 1, above, to €1800~ over the 18 month course. A difference of nearly €1000 over option 2

Just wondering if the phone for sale on expansys.ie is unlocked/sim free?As in any irish mobile phone network operators sim card can be used in it?:confused:Would you guys recommend expansys?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Just wondering if the phone for sale on expansys.ie is unlocked/sim free?As in any irish mobile phone network operators sim card can be used in it?:confused:Would you guys recommend expansys?

Yes and Yes

Thanks a mill RangeR,appreciate it!!:D Off I go shopping!

It's only €480 on Vodafone PAYG and easy to unlock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Its the best phone out at the minute, absolutely crushes the iPhone 4, they dont even compare. Downside of the phone is poor battery life and dont let anyone convince you that its anything less than poor. Still, wouldnt trade it for the world.

It's only €480 on Vodafone PAYG and easy to unlock.
    How does one unlock it Kenny?PM me if you wish,I'd appreciate your advice,loads of on line unlocking sites,hard to see wood through the trees!:D

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    How does one unlock it Kenny?PM me if you wish,I'd appreciate your advice,loads of on line unlocking sites,hard to see wood through the trees!:D

Normally Google is your friend but in this case www.xda-developers.com is your friend.

Advertisement