Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RangeR wrote: »
    In that case, it boils down to which one feels more comfortable to use. Pop into most mobile outlets and pick up both.

Went to my local Carphone Warehouse the other day, and they had neither in stock!?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Try a different store. They aren't hard to find.

Try a different store. They aren't hard to find.

Am thinking of changing networks too....? O2 even charge their customers for ringing their own ****ing voicemail!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Got best deal with Meteor (instore) Paid €140 for SG2 billpay, 12 months x 25e = 300e + 6 months x 30e =180e = €620 (Also got 30e worth of accessories thrown in) Bill pay package gets me 200 mins/200 texts and 1gb. Am very happy with it... also bought spare battery which fits in wallet in times of need...
    How much was the spare battery? Thinking about getting one for mine and the other half needs one the s too

Got best deal with Meteor (instore) Paid €140 for SG2 billpay, 12 months x 25e = 300e + 6 months x 30e =180e = €620 (Also got 30e worth of accessories thrown in) Bill pay package gets me 200 mins/200 texts and 1gb. Am very happy with it... also bought spare battery which fits in wallet in times of need...

Where are you getting the figure of €620?

EDIT: My bad......figured it out.

2nd EDIT: Are there any "hidden" costs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

the meteor deal wins hands down. throw in free meteor to meteor calls and you are laughing. no hidden costs unless you use data roaming or go over your 1gb monthly allowance which is frankly quite difficult on a phone.

00sully wrote: »
    the meteor deal wins hands down. throw in free meteor to meteor calls and you are laughing. no hidden costs unless you use data roaming or go over your 1gb monthly allowance which is frankly quite difficult on a phone.

What about calls, etc, to other networks from Meteor? Are you charged for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Robin132 wrote: »
    How much was the spare battery? Thinking about getting one for mine and the other half needs one the s too

2-5e on ebay.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

What about calls, etc, to other networks from Meteor? Are you charged for them?

of course ;) but you get 200 mins and 200 texts of any network which suffices for me.

won't be long before texting and calling is a thing of the past anyway ;) I'm already converted to VOIP and IM only - don't even get through 1/4 of my allocated mins/texts :P

00sully wrote: »
    of course ;) but you get 200 mins and 200 texts of any network which suffices for me.

won't be long before texting and calling is a thing of the past anyway ;) I'm already converted to VOIP and IM only - don't even get through 1/4 of my allocated mins/texts :P

VOIP?

• Advertisement

VOIP?

VoIP <=> Voice over Internet.

Think GMail talk, MSN Messenger Talk, 3CX, CSipSimple [magnificent], Skype. All calls are free [over wifi or 3G] if both parties have compatible software

VoIP <=> Voice over Internet.

Think GMail talk, MSN Messenger Talk, 3CX, CSipSimple [magnificent], Skype. All calls are free [over wifi or 3G] if both parties have compatible software

Ok...............I use Skype on my own PC

Ok...............I use Skype on my own PC

Well then, You can install Skype on your SGS, SGS2, any Android phone and have all of your contacts on it. Works the same way.

Well then, You can install Skype on your SGS, SGS2, any Android phone and have all of your contacts on it. Works the same way.

Any extra cost?

Any extra cost?

Only if you go over your 3G data allowance. The applications are free. The calls are free if you are ringing someone who has the same software type on the other end.

There will be a cost per call if you are calling landlines from your softphone [Skype etc]

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

anyone know if vodafone are going to stock the
    white galaxy
    http://trendgadget.net/2011/07/31/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-white-release-date/

anyone know if vodafone are going to stock the
    white galaxy
    http://trendgadget.net/2011/07/31/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-white-release-date/

prefer it in black

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Was thinking of getting the Galaxy S, what's the difference with the S2? Would I still be getting a decent phone? Going to cost me €100 with a meteor bill pay option, good price?

Without hi-jacking the thread too much i really don't know what phone to get, have had Iphones for the last good while, now it looks like i'm choosing between the above Galaxy S, a HTC Wildfire S, Sony Ericsson Ray.

Would really appreciate any help with this lads, cheers in advance.

EDIT: Going to throw in the HTC Desire S, it's 20 quid more but it sounds quite good, would it be the one to go with?

Well, in fairness, you are hijacking the thread. If you read this very thread, you will find a LOT of info comparing the SGS with the SGS2. I ain't typing it out again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Well, in fairness, you are hijacking the thread. If you read this very thread, you will find a LOT of info comparing the SGS with the SGS2. I ain't typing it out again:)

Yeah to be fair it was a bit cheeky, to be honest I think i'll go with the Desire S, just want to know if it would be the best out of the bunch above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

the volume on the S2 is not very loud even at max 15

is there any music app that will increase the volume on the S2
    or would rooting it make any difference?

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

hi guys
    Has anybody got QIK running on S2? i saw a comparsion and S1 had Qik installed but S2 did not, just wondering if it was supported...... i'd imagine it is

:)

Have just had this phone in my hand and have to say I won't be going for it when I'm due an upgrade, it's too bloody big........would prefer something smaller.

.................the Samsung Galaxy Mini looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Yeah to be fair it was a bit cheeky, to be honest I think i'll go with the Desire S, just want to know if it would be the best out of the bunch above?

http://www.techradar.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

ciaran75 wrote: »
    the volume on the S2 is not very loud even at max 15

is there any music app that will increase the volume on the S2
    or would rooting it make any difference?

thanks,

By EU law they are supposed to limit the volume for health reasons. Custom rom can bypass this.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭castlepoint

black galaxy far nicer than white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Think I am going to get this phone for Christmas. I have a Galaxy Europa so i am used to the android phone. I think the offer is €229 and billy pay of €30 a month. In this I get 200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb of data and free texts and calls to meteor. Is this an offer worth taking? I usually spend €20 on pay as you go a month with meteor. This is just free texts to all networks. For an extra tenner I will be getting the Internet and calls too. I see someone posted up a great offer earlier with Meteor. Is this gone??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

closeline wrote: »
    Think I am going to get this phone for Christmas. I have a Galaxy Europa so i am used to the android phone. I think the offer is €229 and billy pay of €30 a month. In this I get 200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb of data and free texts and calls to meteor. Is this an offer worth taking? I usually spend €20 on pay as you go a month with meteor. This is just free texts to all networks. For an extra tenner I will be getting the Internet and calls too. I see someone posted up a great offer earlier with Meteor. Is this gone??

Depends how long the contract is. Meteor do the same package for €15 a month if you don't get a phone. I think you might be better of picking up an S2 on adverts and then going with the €15 package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Depends how long the contract is. Meteor do the same package for €15 a month if you don't get a phone. I think you might be better of picking up an S2 on adverts and then going with the €15 package.

It is an 18 month contract. I am more than likely going to get the phone id say though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement