Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double buggy recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Some thoughts, please? :o

My cousin is 6 months along and when new baby will arrive her first son will be just over 2. A few of us are going to club together to get her a double buggy as a surprise but as none of us have experience of doubles we're a bit lost. My cousin would use public transport a lot and lives in a town rather than in the sticks. She would go for walks often on a generally flat and paved walk way that's in the town. Right now she has a Quinny, not the lightweight one.

We think the baby jogger city select would work best for her but we were wondering if her son might outgrow this very quickly? We looked at the Bugaboo Donkey yesterday but it looked far too big to be easy to use on public transport, are we wrong? It's a second hand buggy but looks in immaculate condition and is being sold because the eldest child is now too big for it. Which makes me wonder if our little man might outgrow it quickly too? He'll be barely 25 months when new baby arrives.

Thanks for any help, 6 childless concerned cousins :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is so sweet!
    The city jogger would be brilliant for an urban dweller or the britax b dual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Moonbeam wrote: »
    That is so sweet!
    The city jogger would be brilliant for an urban dweller or the britax b dual.

Thanks Moonbeam. We put a deposit on the city jogger in mothercare today and we managed to wrangle in some extras. Delighted to get it sorted out as her surprise baby shower is tomorrow and we were all afraid she was going to buy a new buggy. She would never take money off us even if we tried so we were better off buying it. If she would prefer something else then she can return it too. Very handy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.eurobaby.ie/Beep_Beep_Twin_Complete_Package/4506_p.aspx
    Just came across that.
    I know some people love the beeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

We got a Jane Powertwin secondhand and I'm delighted with it. #2 isn't due til next month but we've had a few practice runs with the boy and find it very easy to manoeuver, brilliant on potholey roads, gravel, sand etc even with just the one child in it. He loves it, calls it his motorbike buggy (it's a 3-wheeler) and we haven't had any problems with him kicking off the front lock. He's big too, but no problems fitting him in and it seems very stable despite some online reviews to the contrary. It's long but not too wide and is so easy to puch that I'd imagine it would be grand on the train/Luas. Not so sure about bringing it on buses though.

Only issue with it is that it is a bit big when folded. It fits in the boot of the Fabia (estate) well enough but there isn't much room for anything else (and I regularly have 2 dogs & shopping in tow). The hoods and front wheel come off to make it more compact but I find that a bit fiddly. I mostly want it for walks close to home anyway, so may use the Graco with a buggy board when going into town. Parts are also a bit pricy - I hadn't noticed when buying it that some of the spokes are broken on one of the wheels and it probably needs replacing - a new wheel is about €70 :eek: - although we did get it for a very reasonable price (just under my €150 budget) so I don't mind too much, should find one 2nd hand on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Agree with everything above. It just about fits in my boot (Swift) on its side. But I'm used to that as thats the way I put the Urban detour single buggy into the car.

Did you get the car seat? With the front seat removed to make way for the car seat, it folds a bit smaller.

Advertisement