Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College

• 01-09-2011 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I don't know should i move out of home and live in the city or stay at home?
    I only live 55 minutes from college and i really don't know what to do i would be down at college at 9 every morning and home at half 6.
    But i wont be able to join clubs or socs as i wont be there and i also won't able to go out i am afraid i wont really enjoy college then what should i do and also not meet as much people then?

Did anyone live at home a good few minutes from the college-how did you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 drifter93

in my opinion, it wont feel like college unless your living away from home and have your own sense of independence, why not try living away for the first semester and if it doesn't work out you can come back home? If your only 55mins away you can come home at the weekends for mammy dinners and laundry, and still have the bit of craic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

Thanks ya good thinking...the student accomodation is just so dear so it would have to be a house the only problem with that is there all nearly full with 4 or 5 people in them and they are all good friends aswel i would find it so hard to get to know them as they would be such good friends

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hi answerme Where exactly are you looking for a place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Do a houseshare, student accommodation is way more expensive. If I were you I'd move out, it will be kind of crap if you can't join any societies or go out and have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I only live 55 mins from my college but its 70 or so km away

A few friends of mine where living at home there was in was in college last year and they had to be home at sorting times and everything !!

Have a look a round at somewhere to stay as i find to have the college life style you need to move away from home as its post to be your 1st time free and all !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭answer me

Thanks all- ya i will have to try something cause i am afraid i will miss out on things if i dont.

I don't know where i should go too?
    Student accomodation is too expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Perhaps try to find yourself a small boxroom in a house near the college that wouldn't be too expensive?

If you're only 55 minutes away you're not even in the position that you have to stay in 5 nights a week, you could easily go home a night mid-week if you wanted to, stay in when it was worth it / if you had something on ...

Advertisement