Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Hardwood Restaurant still open?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Hardwood Restaurant on Pope's Quay is still going? Trying to book for this weekend but their website is down and the phone number on Menupages doesn't ring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

No. It is being converted into some sort of cafe and I don't think it has reopened yet. No idea if it is still the same management or if it will still do the same sort of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Cheers Knasher, guess I'll have to put my thinking cap on for somewhere else to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Darn they did a really good earlybird deal :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Knasher wrote: »
    No. It is being converted into some sort of cafe and I don't think it has reopened yet. No idea if it is still the same management or if it will still do the same sort of food.

It's been taken over by Dave from the Bierhaus, it'll be turned into a bierhalle apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Yay! was a kip imo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yay! was a kip imo :)

It sure was! They served me salmon that was raw in the middle and when I went to send it back the waiter said "that's how we cook it"!!!! Ah NO! Never in my entire life have I been served a piece of salmon in a restaurant where it is raw in the middle! And funnily enough my friend also had the salmon and hers was cooked through.

They took the salmon back and cooked the same piece through and then brought it back out to me!! I think they had notions in there to be honest, they weren't very nice and the menu was EXTREMELY overpriced.

Needless to say I was very disappointed with the main so decided not to have one of the 8e desserts:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

It's been taken over by Dave from the Bierhaus, it'll be turned into a bierhalle apparently.

Oh.
    My.
    God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DDEBSTER

Ya it's annoying had a voucher as a present & rang up to book a table couple of weeks ago & no answer & found out it had closed. Was hoping it would re-open but seems Like it ain't so that's fairly **** now that I can use my voucher : (

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

leahyl wrote: »
    It sure was! They served me salmon that was raw in the middle and when I went to send it back the waiter said "that's how we cook it"!!!! Ah NO! Never in my entire life have I been served a piece of salmon in a restaurant where it is raw in the middle! And funnily enough my friend also had the salmon and hers was cooked through.

They took the salmon back and cooked the same piece through and then brought it back out to me!! I think they had notions in there to be honest, they weren't very nice and the menu was EXTREMELY overpriced.

Needless to say I was very disappointed with the main so decided not to have one of the 8e desserts:eek::eek:
    The guy with the ponytail,not sure if he was the manager or not,was a complete knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 son of bofh

Cheers Knasher, guess I'll have to put my thinking cap on for somewhere else to go!

I too, was a fan of Hardwood forced to look elsewhere. Ate in Fenn's Quay last week. Fair value Taste of Cork menu. Absolutely stuffed and food tasted as good as it looked. Avoid Boardwalk and Brasserie - overpriced and as much atmosphere as the Moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I too, was a fan of Hardwood forced to look elsewhere. Ate in Fenn's Quay last week. Fair value Taste of Cork menu. Absolutely stuffed and food tasted as good as it looked. Avoid Boardwalk and Brasserie - overpriced and as much atmosphere as the Moon.

Totally agree about Boardwalk - completely overhyped but I've heard great things about Club Brasserie (was planning to go there soon myself).What was the food like?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Nielo

leahyl wrote: »
    They served me salmon that was raw in the middle and when I went to send it back the waiter said "that's how we cook it"!!!! Ah NO! Never in my entire life have I been served a piece of salmon in a restaurant where it is raw in the middle! And funnily enough my friend also had the salmon and hers was cooked through.

They took the salmon back and cooked the same piece through and then brought it back out to me!!

salmon and tuna can be cooked as steaks, depending on your taste.
    most restaurants around here overcook everything. I'm tired of ordering steaks "very rare" and always getting them "well done"

Hardwood was one of the best restaurants in Cork and if they did the salmon like that sure there was a reason. You wouldn't go and complain about raw salmon on a sushi bar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

But it wasn't a sushi bar :rolleyes: it also probably came with warm veg aswell. raw fish and warm veg doesn't taste that nice.

Advertisement