Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to recolour a texture and maintain the look?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I want to make patterns, lines and drawings on a canvas texture, but am not sure how to do this in such a way that the texture keeps the same texture quality.

I've tried a solid colour over the texture, with reduced opacity, but the colour gets too weak before the fine details of the texture show. I've tried a solid colour with overlay blend mode, but again it washes out far too much.

This image shows the look I want to achieve - the blue/green rectangle carries the same texture and is still quite strong in colour. So, I want to be able to draw whatever shapes I like with a similar look to the blue/green shape.

texturefr.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

are you using photoshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

flanree wrote: »
    are you using photoshop?

Yep

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Put the texture over a solid colour and use the multiply blend mode.

Advertisement