Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tourist season ever in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I know Bunratty is not in Limerick but I heard recently that their Irish night was booked right through the summer to late September so I guess there's some tourists knocking about and of course there's a lot more Irish people holidaying at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Someone said to me before tourists do Limerick either coming from/going too Galway/Kerry

bigpink wrote: »
    Someone said to me before tourists do Limerick either coming from/going too Galway/Kerry

and tourists do Galway and Kerry either coming from or going to Limerick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have noticed a lot around town, but most of the time, it's like they are looking for something in particular to take a picture of.....

seachto7 wrote: »
    I have noticed a lot around town, but most of the time, it's like they are looking for something in particular to take a picture of.....

Well when a bus pulls up in front of King John's Castle or the Treaty stone and they dont know what to take pictures of they should really have left their camers at home, next time you see them point them in the direction of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

seachto7 wrote: »

confused by the lack of the floating christmas tree no doubt. That's ten millions worth to the local economy we'll never get back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

One of the best tourist seasons that Limerick has ever had? In that case where were all the new jobs in that sector which such a great season would surely have needed and created?

Limerick unemployment figures grew month on month in May, June, July, and August, which each month beating the month before it in terms of more people signing on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'm gonna take the open-top Bus tour of Limerick before I die.

- Maybe the two events will be on the same day - *GULP*

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

zuroph wrote: »
    confused by the lack of the floating christmas tree no doubt. That's ten millions worth to the local economy we'll never get back :(

Wonder if that's why they put the Christmas lights on Thomas St, to try and make up for the lost revenue due to the missing tree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »

It would be if you reached the top deck and found a group made up of current and ex Limerick city forum mods. :p:pac:

Banhammers at dawn. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Raiser wrote: »

What route does it take? Any of the more shall we say colourful areas included in the itinerary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

So how will we spend the 10million?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Roadend wrote: »

Wider footpaths, and new traffic lights at every roundabout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Can never have enough traffic lights, they really brighten the place up, like a set of christmas lights that flicker on a tree. Wait a minute, floating tree gone, more traffic lights than ever....The devious fuc......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Roadend wrote: »

The monorail, of course.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Jesus! I'd hate to see the worst tourist season so :P

Advertisement