Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car impounded

Options
  • 01-09-2011 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

my car was impounded last night going to work for no tax and nct( I know a stupid mistake) in a state of shock i forgot to ask what i need to get the car out, im assuming tax and nct but is there anything else i need, also he said they would be taking it to little island i believe, does anyone know where the impound is down there as google doesnt help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

I assume it was the Gardai who impounded it. They wont give it back until the tax arrears are cleared. Don't know do they impound for no NCT, cos if they do, you'll find it hard to pass an NCT with no car....

And they have a daily charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 john123456

i paid the arrers and got a test date for the nct, will i need anything else to get the car out

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

john123456 wrote: »
    i paid the arrers and got a test date for the nct, will i need anything else to get the car out

Ring Anglesea street and ask them if you're unsure, but that sounds like the lot. Except of course the charge for minding your car:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

The pound is in Courtstown industrail estate on the right hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 new2t

you need to get a release form from anglse street garda station

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

the pound is in little island, it's called JD's

take the little island exit from the N25, turn right and go over the bridge/flyover.
    straight thru roundabout
    Next left turn (by petrol stn)
    continue along that rd for a mile or two,
    the industrial est on your right is where your car will be

edit: dont know how to put up a google map, but heres are the coordinates of where your car is
    51.898184,-8.333486

• Registered Users Posts: 26 marksparks08

u also need to go to anglesea street to get it released before you go to the compound. make sure you bring, id, tax, proof you own the car, and of coarse money for the charges. iirc its 130 wen lifted and 80 per day after that. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

You don't need NCT, they took the car off you for no tax. Pay the arrears and get the car.

Advertisement