Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with IPCamera!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

golfbgud wrote: »
    I tried the remote logon today from work using its unique DNS URL but alas it does not work.

The URL on it's own won't be enough. Have you forwarded the incoming port to whereever the camera control panel is running?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Spear wrote: »
    The URL on it's own won't be enough. Have you forwarded the incoming port to whereever the camera control panel is running?

Nope - I haven't touched Port Forwarding etc as I thought having seen it working remotely while wired, running on wireless would be the same deal (maybe not having read your feedback).

I will put it back wired tonight and try it again at work again tomorrow.....

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks Spear.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭kmepll

try turning off the firewall setting on the router

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Ok - so after reading web articles on Port Forwarding etc etc I decided to start again from scratch and set both camera's back to factory default settings.

Added them back to my LAN while cabled, configured the wireless settings, removed the ethernet cables, reboot and then I got them working wireless.

Changed the Port setting from 80 to 85 on one and left the other at 80.

Configured both for UPNP.

Reset settings in Router back to standard and then enabled UPNP.

I am confident that they will now work via their unique DNS URLs and will try at work tomorrow.

Last thing I will need to check is if the firewall is enabled/disabled.......

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I got a IP wireless cam two weeks ago , and the manual was very helpfull explain everthing , had it up and running in a few minutes .

• Advertisement
Advertisement