Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2011 Weather

Options
  • 01-09-2011 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I know it might be a bit early, although reading other threads it may be bang on time :)

I am getting married at the end of November, and the concern of a repeat of last year is kinda playing on my mind !!

Is it very likely we will have a repeat of last November or might it be a little bit later or maybe not happen at all ?

Thoughts please :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

some forecasters like piers corbyn are predicting an extremely cold winter and the worst of the winter to be in the months of january and february,and december should be cold, but january mostly.Apparently the coldest months of each winter or different every year like when the winter is very cold. 2008 it was feb, 2009 jan, 2010 nov and dec, 2011 likely to be jan. so you might be safe :) btw why would you not want a snowy white wedding ?? dont people like dream of white snowy weddings, well i would love a white wedding anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

bb1234567 wrote: »
    some forecasters like piers corbyn are predicting an extremely cold winter and the worst of the winter to be in the months of january and february,and december should be cold, but january mostly.Apparently the coldest months of each winter or different every year like when the winter is very cold. 2008 it was feb, 2009 jan, 2010 nov and dec, 2011 likely to be jan. so you might be safe :) btw why would you not want a snowy white wedding ?? dont people like dream of white snowy weddings, well i would love a white wedding anyway :D

Thanks. Ah of course everyone dreams of a white wedding, but if it stops all your guests getting to your wedding it can be a bit of a problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

Heyes wrote: »
    Hi All

I know it might be a bit early, although reading other threads it may be bang on time :)

I am getting married at the end of November, and the concern of a repeat of last year is kinda playing on my mind !!

Is it very likely we will have a repeat of last November or might it be a little bit later or maybe not happen at all ?

Thoughts please :D
    :eek:
    I got married on the 27th of December last. it was a logistics nightmare. Make sure you everything done by Halloween is my Advice:D

Coingratulations by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lukie52

hi,
    looking at current Atlantic trends at the moment and the increase in activity, this would suggest a very wet november and late october for us. there is unprecedented moisture levels in the atmosphere within the gulf stream and will continue for some time yet so i'd buckle up and get the rain gear ready for your wedding!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

lukie52 wrote: »
    hi,
    looking at current Atlantic trends at the moment and the increase in activity, this would suggest a very wet november and late october for us. there is unprecedented moisture levels in the atmosphere within the gulf stream and will continue for some time yet so i'd buckle up and get the rain gear ready for your wedding!!!

Okay cool - rain i can handle, its just a repeat of last years snow id rather get delayed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement