Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6303c unblock (sim)

Options
  • 01-09-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

I have a 6303c that I'm trying to get unblocked for someone. What's my options here?

If i get it done in a shop, where's the cheapest and how much should I be paying?

Can I get it done through Vodafone? Had a quick look at the Vodafone website and it said I can be done tru myvodafone but getting the details belonging to the phone could be a bit of hassle, it's my mothers old work phone.

Any other suggestions.

Went to a shop today and was quoted 35euro which I thought was a bit much....I hope i was right:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can get it from vodafone if you have spend €127 on credit in the last 6 months. Or someone on a billpay account could ask for the code for free on their account.

Or you can unlock it in a shop like you already checked. For that model, is going to be around €30 in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

cool I'll try go the Vodafone route...30 squids seems a bit steep....the phone isn't worth much more....

Davy wrote: »
    You can get it from vodafone if you have spend €127 on credit in the last 6 months. Or someone on a billpay account could ask for the code for free on their account.

Done this and got a code from Vodafone. I have attempts left but when I put the code in I'm getting a code error message. Is there any reason the unlock code they supplied could be wrong. I checked the IMEI number and it's defo right.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Send the phone by registered post to Vodafone Customer Service, The Ramparts, Dundalk, Co.Louth along with a letter stating what you want and they'll unlock it for free and return it within 10 days. It will only cost a fiver for the registered post. They are obliged to unlock it for you.

aabarnes1 wrote: »
    I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. Send the phone by registered post to Vodafone Customer Service, The Ramparts, Dundalk, Co.Louth along with a letter stating what you want and they'll unlock it for free and return it within 10 days. It will only cost a fiver for the registered post. They are obliged to unlock it for you.

Thanks for that, that sounds like my best option from here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement