Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help??

Options
  • 01-09-2011 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hay all,

My friend is an apprentice electrician he is currently working in a dead end company that treat all their staff like s**te,

He has one last stint in FAS before he becomes fully qualified that he starts next march. When he is qualified his company usually let them go, we know this for definite as it happened to every apprentice in the company.

Anyway, the job has become so unbearable and are asking him to go beyond the reasonable work duties. So he wants to quit (he knows that there are no jobs out there but mentally and physically he has had enough)

My question is if he leaves his job will he be unable to complete the last phase in FAS and therefore become a qualified electrician?

Thanks for the help :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

CAn you give an example of what unreasonable work he is been asked to do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Ring FAS and ask them directly.

JOHNPT wrote: »
    CAn you give an example of what unreasonable work he is been asked to do?

3 years of constant tray and conduit work or being constantly made do the breakfast and lunch runs for a large group of sparks who all want the exact change back???:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

I posted 3 times because usually I dont get an answer lol :)

I posted 3 times because usually I dont get an answer lol :)

Well then call FAS or call into them in person and ask them directly then.

Simples.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭snowflake1989

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well then call FAS or call into them in person and ask them directly then.

Simples.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Stick it out until March it is only 6 months there are 2000 unemployed electrical apprentices out there stuck that cannot finish because they have no employer. Get a calculator if you cannot deal with the change , somebody has to go to the shop.

New Zealand are looking for 8000 Irish trades people to help rebuild after their earthquakes over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Hay all,

My friend is an apprentice electrician he is currently working in a dead end company that treat all their staff like s**te,

He has one last stint in FAS before he becomes fully qualified that he starts next march. When he is qualified his company usually let them go, we know this for definite as it happened to every apprentice in the company.

Anyway, the job has become so unbearable and are asking him to go beyond the reasonable work duties. So he wants to quit (he knows that there are no jobs out there but mentally and physically he has had enough)

My question is if he leaves his job will he be unable to complete the last phase in FAS and therefore become a qualified electrician?

Thanks for the help :D

Tell him to tell them to get their own stuff in the shops the lazy twats.even when I was a first year the sparks were told where to go when they told me to go the shop.I'm paid to learn the trade not be a shop boy.

Aside from that he'd be mad to quit as you are correct,as things currently stand he won't be able to get qualified unless he serves the full 208 weeks.I cant get a job to finish my apprenticeship,I'm 5 months short having completed all phases.No qualification = no chance of leaving to country to fill one of the many electrical positions in Canada,New Zealand and Australia.

I'm stuck here through no fault of my own and can do nothing about it.If your mate has a brain he should stick it out,get qualified then give them the 2 fingers and emigrate.

Advertisement