Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Reg Problem

Options
  • 01-09-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice.

A client of mine has 3 domains registered with Blacknight through a third party. The third party is adding a significant markup to the domain reg cost, 250%, so the client has decided to move the domains into her own registration account. The domains are currently registered in her name by the third party.

The third party has verbally refused to co-operate, anyone experienced anything like this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭HairMonster

Have you checked the contract your client agreed to? Maybe she signed up for a minimum length of time, or it was some sort of combined hosting & maintenance contract. She may still be tied into the contract which is why they are not co-operating?

Certain companies charge less for the website but then include a higher ongoing maintenance charge for a fixed length of time to make up for it, so even though the initial development cost is low, the overall cost will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Are they .ie's or .com or a combination
    Have you or your client asked blacknight about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Thanks for the reply guys.

As far as I am aware, having asked the client, there is no contract of any kind.

All the domains are .ie. I've emailed blacknight explaining the situation, so I hope they have a positive response. Just thought someone may have come up against this before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

.ie's are good for you. Much easier for you to protect them as long as you can show rights to them. Headed paper can sometimes be enough. Blacknight should work it out just fine for you.

Advertisement