Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of state monitoring

Options
  • 01-09-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just heard from another installer that a new reg coming into effect state that Fire Alarms cannot be monitored outside the state, anyone else heard this? I don't believe it to be honest.......

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I havn't heard anything. Perhaps its to do with whether they have to conform to the same standards as here for ARCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

KoolKid wrote: »
    I havn't heard anything. Perhaps its to do with whether they have to conform to the same standards as here for ARCs.

Possibly, although I rang a fire officer this evening, he's even not sure, but he is aware of some issues with receiving emergency calls from "external sources" ie 999 calls can't be made from outside the state and the monitoring stations ringing Tara St directly, time will tell :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daithimo

This is nothing new in the 2011 draft of IS3218 with regard to this. All that it says is that the ARC, if outside the country, needs to have a way to contact the local fire brigade because as already stated, a 999 call wont work. This is more something for the ARC and the company whose system is monitored to deal with. We have several service customers who are UK based and they use UK based ARCs. I dont know how they contact the fire services if needed though. Possibly an ex directory phone number for the fire station...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maybe ring iWatch and ask how they did it when they were diverting calls to Canada etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

KoolKid wrote: »
    Maybe ring iWatch G4S and ask how they did it when they were diverting calls to Canada etc.
    Corrected that for you.
    I didn't hear anything either, but if that is the case then it could affect cctv monitoring

• Advertisement

Don't know if its happening now. It was being done when the iWatch branding started. Don't use them anymore for that ans other reasons. I also hear a rumour they are back to offering deals to customer's directly again.

That's not a rumour.
    I stopped using them a couple of years ago when they stopped paying commission.

Jnealon wrote: »
    That's not a rumour.
    I stopped using them a couple of years ago when they stopped paying commission.

Not the only one :-)

G4S are now sending out cheques to companies owed money.
    Got a nice surprise last week

They need to do some training with their staff.
    Had some one in accounts questioning why connections are being cancelled??
    Nothing to do with her & none of her business.
    She go a list of reasons sent back to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

daithimo wrote: »
    This is nothing new in the 2011 draft of IS3218 with regard to this. All that it says is that the ARC, if outside the country, needs to have a way to contact the local fire brigade because as already stated, a 999 call wont work. This is more something for the ARC and the company whose system is monitored to deal with. We have several service customers who are UK based and they use UK based ARCs. I dont know how they contact the fire services if needed though. Possibly an ex directory phone number for the fire station...

So this could be done by the monitoring station ringing the local station.

altor wrote: »
    daithimo wrote: »

So this could be done by the monitoring station ringing the local station.

As far as I'm aware that's not permitted.

Will they issue URNs to foreign ARCs?

Irish Fire wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware that's not permitted.

So only a 999 call is permitted.

Don't think so as the urn will have local number for emergency services, same as medical alert etc

Cant see what the issue is then.

Advertisement