Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aubars?

• 01-09-2011 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

:mad:

I was in there last night for a while. €5 for a bottle of non alcho becks? What's the story with that? Of course, I should have questioned them at the bar, but I didn't............

A bit of a rip off..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thats pretty standard pricing for a long neck bottle in a night club, not that I'm defending it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

It sure is correct, they must display their prices some where.
    5.50 for a bottle normally of Bud or whatever, no wonder places are empty

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Bring back the Newtown Pery :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Aubars was always expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

amiable wrote: »
    Bring back the Newtown Pery :)

And the DJ cage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

It's a total rip off given that you can buy a box of 20 bottles of heineken/bud/carlsberg for 15 euro :mad: saw my local publican in lidl recently with his trolley full of them (which I know is illegal). So he's buying them for less than a euro each and selling them for 4.50. Go figure....

It's a total rip off given that you can buy a box of 20 bottles of heineken/bud/carlsberg for 15 euro :mad: saw my local publican in lidl recently with his trolley full of them (which I know is illegal). So he's buying them for less than a euro each and selling them for 4.50. Go figure....
    Why is that illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bazz26 wrote: »
    Thats pretty standard pricing for a long neck bottle in a night club, not that I'm defending it.

This was at 9 o clock in the bar???? Nobody forced me to pay it, but I won't be going in there again. I wouldn't mind, I rarely go in there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Why is that illegal?
    Multipack bottles aren't to be resold individually.

A fiver for a bottle of non-alcoholic beer is hardly pricey, especially when you consider that you're not going to drink as many.

You're not going back there, so why complain?

Jambo221 wrote: »
    Multipack bottles aren't to be resold individually.

?
    Where is the source for this being illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Fiver for a bottle is pretty average in fairness, vast majority of places charge 4.50-4.70 for a bottle of bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Absolute rip-off :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I don't think it's that bad.. Why didn't you just get a mixer or even water if you weren't drinking?

Non-alcoholic beer is the same price as normal beer even in Dunnes so it's not that ludicrous for a bar to charge the same..

Now if you ever wanted a rip-off, 10 euro for a basic cocktail in Trinity Rooms had me weak laughing. I've spent less in bigger and better Dublin clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Given my huge salary I feel a fiver is quite cheap, in fact I propose they raise the price so that I may enjoy a tipple free of the great unwashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 demon1

The price you pay in the pub for your drink must be factored in with rates, Pub license, staff wages, lights heating - the list goes on and on. The surroundings you sit in to drink your drink is part of what you pay for - people need to stop comparing the price of a bottle in pub/club with what you pay in Tesco's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tesco will buy the alcohol cheaper and therefore can sell it cheaper as they do not rely on Alcohol to lead their sales.

Many pubs will have a minimum margin they will accept on a bottle and will try to get the bottle for as cheap as possible whilst also trying to be loyal to a supplier when they can as well.

I know the pricing of beer wholesale and would personally say €5 is a lot for a Non Alcoholic Beer in a 330ml bottle, especially something like Becks as well. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If only we had a forum to discuss beer, or the economy, or being a non-drinker..........................................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Clareman wrote: »
    If only we had a forum to discuss beer, or the economy, or being a non-drinker..........................................................

If only... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Resi12 wrote: »
    Now if you ever wanted a rip-off, 10 euro for a basic cocktail in Trinity Rooms had me weak laughing. I've spent less in bigger and better Dublin clubs.

Probably had a better chance of actually getting a tail though in Trinity Rooms....

I heard you can get hangovers from non-alcoholic beer. Is that true?

Would really make it all a bit pointless.
    Clareman wrote: »

You mean there are...other forums?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Where is the source for this being illegal?

On the multipack box....like crisps

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    On the multipack box....like crisps
    How is that illegal?

That's just an instruction from the manufacturer.

I bought a box of beer last week in Tesco and there was nothing as you are suggesting on the box or the bottles.

Advertisement