Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down in Dublin 20

• 01-09-2011 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My internet's been either down or slow since I came home. Is anyone else out this neck of the woods having the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

Me too. If I re-set the router it will come back on for about 5mins & then go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'm in D.24. I didn't notice anything last night but when I got up this morning my connection was completely gone (no phone or broadband). Modem restart didn't help.
    I'm hoping it's a fault in the area and not just my connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ________

homelink wrote: »
    Me too. If I re-set the router it will come back on for about 5mins & then go again.
    This is what's happening to me too. I reset the router and it's fine for a while and then goes dead or unusably slow. The wifi in the house won't even work when the internet's gone down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

It's been working very slowly since yesterday afternoon, and went down completely around 10:30 last night. It's back today but almost unusably slow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ________

I called support the second I came in and saw that the DS light was still flashing. I wish I'd tried rebooting one more time before calling because the agent had me do it and it's mostly working again. The lights are steady and my speed is better than anything I was getting yesterday. A few speed tests are showing half of what I usually get but if it stays working I'm willing to wait until Monday to call about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement