Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi got great ideas on how to promote limerick

• 01-09-2011 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hiya lads, got a meeting today with shannon development in the granary, about how to get limerick up and running and how to get money into this country again.

Now All I need is to make sure Limerick people is behind this Idea so I will be asking people to sign a petition the idea is to turn the regeneration area of St.Marys.Park and its surroundings into a theme park connecting it to king johns castle and promoting tourism thus getting rid of all regeneration families and those alike to other places. I have estimated it will bring in on average a year of 40 million euro.

so what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

When you say other places I hope you are talking about cork if that's the case great idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

is this a joke? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

First post and he's posting ****! God this is going to be interesting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

When you say other places I hope you are talking abot cork if that's the case great idea

I am fully behind the plan to export the council estates to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ok ill bite.....im going to see where this goes before taking action...

OP can you tell us a bit more about the plan then?

• Advertisement

The theme park I take it will be based on the wild west we could call it the wild Midwest . We could always get a few cowboys in Limerick

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I feel like I should have a leading role in this.

What really matters is my title. I think I'll make myself... vice president. No, wait! Junior Vice President!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I feel like I should have a leading role in this.

What really matters is my title. I think I'll make myself... vice president. No, wait! Junior Vice President!

Ah you'll just spend all your time writing delicious memo's. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Limerick theme park? "the stabbiest place on earth".

suggested rides and attractions:

Scobe Mountain.
    Its A Pure Small World After All Kiiiid.
    Pirates of the Shannon Banks.
    Willie O'Dea's Ghost Estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

40 million a year???

Why don't we just hold 4 extra Munster matches instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

limerick20 wrote: »
    Hiya lads, got a meeting today with shannon development in the granary, about how to get limerick up and running and how to get money into this country again.

Now All I need is to make sure Limerick people is behind this Idea so I will be asking people to sign a petition the idea is to turn the regeneration area of St.Marys.Park and its surroundings into a theme park connecting it to king johns castle and promoting tourism thus getting rid of all regeneration families and those alike to other places. I have estimated it will bring in on average a year of 40 million euro.

so what do ye think?

I would prefer if you left them where they are. Ive seen how one or two of these "regeneration families" can destroy a decent area when relocated. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    40 million a year???

Why don't we just hold 4 extra Munster matches instead.

or more gigs in Thomond Park, preferably not teen pop twaddle, get a rock band in! Muse preferably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I is behind this idea.

- I'd like to be Senior Executive Grand Marshall with responsiblity for transporting Regeneration People to other places*

* Although this does sound uncomfortably like the Final Solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

getting rid of all regeneration families and those alike to other places.

Lol wut?

What is that supposed to mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

so what do ye think?

I'm out
    9xGQM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

Raiser wrote: »

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I think it was the talk of "getting rid of" these families without specifying what the "other places" were.

Raiser wrote: »
    I is behind this idea.

- I'd like to be Senior Executive Grand Marshall with responsiblity for transporting Regeneration People to other places*

It will be ok you can always say you were only following orders. Orders from the Junior vice president :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'm on board but only if you plan on turning Thomond Park into a modern day gladiator arena. We can ask Duffy's circus for a few lions and after that just pick up contestants from the turnstile down at the Limerick courthouse. Each will be given a copper pipe and the lid of a bin and put in mortal combat against one of the lions. If they win they get to go again the following week.

Sunday matinee will have half price tickets for families. First performance will feature Willie O'Dea versus a polar bear. Encore of public stoning of anyone connected to I Love Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

RonMexico wrote: »
    I'm on board but only if you plan on turning Thomond Park into a modern day gladiator arena. We can ask Duffy's circus for a few lions and after that just pick up contestants from the turnstile down at the Limerick courthouse. Each will be given a copper pipe and the lid of a bin and put in mortal combat against one of the lions. If they win they get to go again the following week.

Sunday matinee will have half price tickets for families. First performance will feature Willie O'Dea versus a polar bear. Encore of public stoning of anyone connected to I Love Limerick.

I reckon the main event should be the stoning of the "I love Limerick" shower :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

L.T.P. wrote: »
    I reckon the main event should be the stoning of the "I love Limerick" shower :D

Oh yes! :D

I love Limerick myself is more like it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The theme park I take it will be based on the wild west we could call it the wild Midwest . We could always get a few cowboys in Limerick

Or Once Upon a Time in the Midwest.

"Cowbyez an' NinJins Kid!"

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

L.T.P. wrote: »

They should tie up Celia Holman Lee, Rich Anton and Haunty Beor and horse em into the shannon. Could be a new event for riverfest 2012. Seeing them muppets float away would make the overpriced burgers taste better anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They should tie up Celia Holman Lee, Rich Anton and Haunty Beor and horse em into the shannon. Could be a new event for riverfest 2012. Seeing them muppets float away would make the overpriced burgers taste better anyways.

Rich Anthon! I don't get that name! Was he not Richard Lynch til this year?

I Love Limerick making wannabe socialites since 2008 :)

Let's be nice here we are not going to hurt anyone just relocate them to the east I mean cork we are just going to send to the rep of cork;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

I dont want to hurt them either hence me saying watching them float away would be good and not watching them drown would be good.

Although...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

God, this Troll has patience....25 posts after the original and he still waits to come back with his/her second post.
    Unless they're still trying to come up with their 2nd post:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Wayne Dundons Wonderful Limerick Tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

RonMexico wrote: »

Oi, you can fro! I'm a photographer with ilovelimerick, and are doing nothing wrong but trying to help! So get off your high horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

And thats the end of the adventures of the latest limerick forum troll

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement