Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strangers at Beers

• 01-09-2011 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Was at a beers at the weekend, yes a Boards Beers, and myself and Kya (amongst others) got talking to a fellow Boardsie - true story. Anyway, he told us his name, and when asked his username he kinda said something, but by the end of the night, still no one knew who he was.

so the point of this thread is two-fold: to find out who our mysterious stranger / boardsie was and to generally discuss if this happens at Beers much. this guy said he hangs around AH quite a bit hence why it's here. :)

Do a lot of people show up to beers that no one has heard of? and then disappear again, like a fart in the night?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Are ye sure ye all weren't hallucinating him?

I didn't see this eluvise AH'r at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i would not like to compromise my anonymity for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Are ye sure ye all weren't hallucinating him?

I didn't see this eluvise AH'r at all.

ah yeah you did. the guy with the long hair, and hat. me and kya were laughing hysterically at his stories for much of the night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Check KYN thread and see if you can spot him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

ah yeah you did. the guy with the long hair, and hat. me and kya were laughing hysterically at his stories for much of the night...

Yea but it's just asking in general, do a lot of 'trolls' and lurkers usually show up at the beers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

He said his name was Kief. (not sure how he spells it, but that's how it sounded)

Blooming'eck you wimmins oughta start paying attention to what blokes are saying.

Kiera wrote: »
    Check KYN thread and see if you can spot him?

nah, i've already perved gotten to know what many people look like in there, he's not there.

>_>

was it you Kiera?
    He said his name was Kief. (not sure how he spells it, but that's how it sounded)

Blooming'eck you wimmins oughta start paying attention to what blokes are saying.

no he didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Did he kick anyone in the face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Did he have 1 arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

nah, i've already perved gotten to know what many people look like in there, he's not there.

>_>

was it you Kiera?

*puts hands up*

Ok, it was me. I have a cock.

• Advertisement

no he didn't!

Black hat and jumper?

Drinking Guinness?

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Yea but it's just asking in general, do a lot of 'trolls' and lurkers usually show up at the beers?

yes. trolls and the like. i didn't want to mention that part reeeeeeally.
    Did he kick anyone in the face?

no.
    Did he have 1 arm?

yes. but then he had a second one.
    Black hat and jumper?

Drinking Guinness?

i can't remember what colour his hat and jumper was.... think he may have been drinking Guinness alright. well if that's what he told you his name was he told me something different.

At my first beers, which was a tll beers, there was a random dude who said he was a lurked, he had been standing at the bar for over an hour on his own before he came over to us. He was a real live Internet weirdo. He posted in the beers thread after and only had a few posts. We kind of ended up ignoring him after a while :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Maybe he was a lurker and that was the name he would have if he registered. BTW never been but are non registered people's not accepted to Beers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Mmmmmmmm beer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What happens at the beers stays at the beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

hondasam wrote: »
    What happens at the beers stays at the beers.

Except for herpes, that **** will follow you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mickjg

Did he refer to himself in the third person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

At a tLL beers ages ago, before I arrived, apparently a man was asking about my whereabouts. No one had any idea who he was. This was then brought up on thread afterwards and the poor guy registered to post and say he sort of just lurked in the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It was me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There was no beers, we only had you on.
    Btw, it was Keith you met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

what is this "beer" ye speak of? Some sort of horse?? and wtf is tll? Mainly the tll bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭bowsie010

Was he riding himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Was at a beers at the weekend, yes a Boards Beers, and myself and Kya (amongst others) got talking to a fellow Boardsie - true story. Anyway, he told us his name, and when asked his username he kinda said something, but by the end of the night, still no one knew who he was.

so the point of this thread is two-fold: to find out who our mysterious stranger / boardsie was and to generally discuss if this happens at Beers much. this guy said he hangs around AH quite a bit hence why it's here. :)

Do a lot of people show up to beers that no one has heard of? and then disappear again, like a fart in the night?

Someone's got a cruuussshhh! Stupidusername and mystery guy, in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mickjg

strobe wrote: »
    Someone's got a cruuussshhh! Stupidusername and mystery guy, in a tree, b.l.a.s.t.i.n.g.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was me.
    Hi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i could of been me... i went out last thurday.... only got home last night... i only remember leaving mine stumbling out the door :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

bowsie010 wrote: »
    Was he riding himself?

like a sexy man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

biko wrote: »
    There was no beers, we only had you on.
    Btw, it was Keith you met.

Yup, it was me.

Not really, i dont leave my moms basement

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I would really hate to be that guy, and end up reading this thread, finding out that you're not even that memorable on a forum. That would be a serious downer.

Advertisement