Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strangers at Beers

2»

Comments

God I hate that moment when I have to say my username. Always sounds worse when said out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Typh wrote: »
    I wonder if the guy would appear if the OP offered unemotional, no-strings attached sex because he's afraid of commitment?

Ah! So you've finally revealed yourself :p
    pajunior wrote: »
    This thread is the reason I won't be going to any boards beers.

NO CASUAL POSTERS!

I'm a casual poster and went to the beers, was a great laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

I'm a casual poster and went to the beers, was a great laugh!

Only messing, wanted to go to one for a while but circumstances seem to get in the way quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I've gone to several Boards Beers and not spoken to anyone. I'm just not very social, get over it.

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've gone to several Boards Beers and not spoken to anyone. I'm just not very social, get over it.

'cptr
    So you just sit in the corner fapping by yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Did anyone ever turn up and pretend to be someone else off boards just to ruin their boards reputation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It was probably me.

At least someone talked to me this time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Just tell the Kid his Dads name is Forgetable JumperyHat Guy & that he possibly liked Guiness.

- Much better than "Queef" your previous best tip-off........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

later10 wrote: »
    and objectivity is one of my main reasons for posting on boards.

Wasting time in work is one of my main reasons for posting on boards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

It was probably Larry Murphy in costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭pajunior

mconigol wrote: »
    Did anyone ever turn up and pretend to be someone else off boards just to ruin their boards reputation?

Fantastic, until you introduce yourself to the person you're impersonating.

"No I'm the real facekicker"

"No I am, he's the imposter, probably never kicked anyone in the face before"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Surely Larry Muphy would have had a clever username like "murphs" or "its Larry" or something to that effect...

It was probably Larry Murphy in costume.

I don't think Stupidusername would still be here if it was tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i can defend myself :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

with a hug?

• Advertisement

So it was Larry Murphy and you beat him off* with your handbag???

*not a euphemism for a **** :P

smash wrote: »
    with a hug?

yeah, i'd hug the evil out of him.
    kfallon wrote: »
    So it was Larry Murphy and you beat him off* with your handbag???

*not a euphemism for a **** :P

nah, i'd scratch his eyes out with my nails

nah, i'd scratch his eyes out with my nails

So one minute he's getting a hug and then you are scratching his Japs eye out with your nails! :eek:

Talk about luring him into a false sense of security!

kfallon wrote: »
    So one minute he's getting a hug and then you are scratching his Japs eye out with your nails! :eek:

Talk about luring him into a false sense of security!

how else could a little weakling girl like me defend herself?

how else could a little weakling girl like me defend herself?

*crosses legs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I don't know why people would do that. Prolly afraid, or summat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    It was probably me.

At least someone talked to me this time!

well in fairness that time in Ron Blacks when we left you by the bar was hilarious!

;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

God I hate that moment when I have to say my username. Always sounds worse when said out loud.

"hi, Im boney arse bogman"

"I can see that, but what your username?!?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭talla10

smash wrote: »
    Surely most people at beers are strangers? I wouldn't have a clue who any of you are if I went to one.

Thats what i'd have thought. Maybe boardsies should have a secret password followed by the secret handshake to identify themselves in the 'real' world....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Was at a beers at the weekend, yes a Boards Beers, and myself and Kya (amongst others) got talking to a fellow Boardsie - true story. Anyway, he told us his name, and when asked his username he kinda said something, but by the end of the night, still no one knew who he was.

so the point of this thread is two-fold: to find out who our mysterious stranger / boardsie was and to generally discuss if this happens at Beers much. this guy said he hangs around AH quite a bit hence why it's here. :)

Do a lot of people show up to beers that no one has heard of? and then disappear again, like a fart in the night?

I know a keef who posts on boards. Tight hair cut?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Maybe people are taking internet behaviour into the real world and lurking and/or trolling beerses.

Though I kind of almost lurked at the last AH Beers by being just around the corner in another place for a family birthday.
    I probably unwittingly passed a few boardsies on the street. Never even offered them the secret handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭talla10

Never been to boards beers.. Is it like this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Uvc4mkmO0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I probably unwittingly passed a few boardsies on the street. Never even offered them the secret handshake.

I've recognised a few who've commented on different facebook groups, or online dating sites (plenty of fish is full of boards ladies!).

Another certain dublin based boardsie may have also had cause to remove me from a public house in Dublin City Centre one time. I don't think he recognised me... Or maybe he did ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Jeez' didn't know it would cause this much aggro....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

He said his name was Kief. (not sure how he spells it, but that's how it sounded)

Blooming'eck you wimmins oughta start paying attention to what blokes are saying.

check know your nerds I think either the 2nd or 3rd last page theres a poster with kief in his username.

• Advertisement
Advertisement