Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Strategic Management Accounting - smurfit

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Any one done the MSc in Strategic Management Accounting in smurfit college.
    My boss wants me to do cima exams and I would like to combine a masters with getting the cima exams. I would be grateful for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trustcited

It may be a little late for you, but I'm in this MSc in Smurfit....

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi trustcited

Thanks for the reply, how are you finding the course.
    Is it hard going?
    Im going to the open evening weds to see about the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 sonate

Hi trustcited

i would like to answer the same question with capefear,
    cause i plan to attend this course in september.

Besides, would u please tell:
    1. what's the hardest part u think during the course?
    2. do u suggest me an on- or off-campus accommodation(i'm from asia, english is ok)?
    3. how much it takes per month generally?

thank u very very very much!~~~

sonate

• Registered Users Posts: 8 trustcited

Hi both

Sorry for delay in replying (exam season).

The MSc is harder than doing the CIMA exams from a workload point of view. However I don't think the material is technically more challenging.

The hardest part has been completing the course part-time with work obligations. This is a very difficult balance with the amount of continuous assessment.

I'm afraid I'm not able to give any detailed advice on accommodation, sonate, but all classes are on the Blackrock campus Friday & Saturday.I imagine it is worth staying on campus if you can, but probably worth taking further advice on this - try the UCD Students Union or general UCD accommodation discussion.

The course is Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings for four semesters. This is three separate classes a semester. Each class might have weekly assignments, or others have two or three in the term, others one final assignment. All classes have a final exam bar one.

Hope that helps. Feel free to fire any more questions and I'll get back to you.

thank you very much trustcited!!

• Advertisement

Hi trustcited,

I am an student of UCD Smurfit School now. My major is accounting, but accounting is a little difficult for me ,so I consider to transfer a program to strategic management accounting. It is the first year that there would be a full-time program since Sepetember. Could you kindly answer some related question for me? Just based on your experience:

1. Is it difficult for most of students to complete all assignments and pass all the examination?

2.What is the hartest part do you think for a full-time student? which subject?

3.Do you think SMA is closely related with accounting? I must choose one from accounting and strategic management accounting.It is really difficult for me to make this decision. On one hand, accounting is really useful but difficult. On the other hand, I am not sure if strategic management accounting is useful and more eariser?

Thanks a million!

Advertisement