Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i get license back early??

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi, i was put off the road for 2 years in june 2010 but have heard i can apply to get my license back early?
    is this true and if so how and who do i go to ,to get the wheels in motion,as they say, to getting it back !
    thanks in advance for any replies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

usually after a year you can apply to have it reinstated...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bazmak

Hoffmans wrote: »
    usually after a year you can apply to have it reinstated...

who do i go to ?
    i never sent in my driving licence either!
    will that effect anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

The disqualification must be more than two years to apply for restoration.

If a ban is two years it cant be done. If the ban was two years and one day (which is usual) or more it can be done.

It's discretionary (in other words a Judge doesn't have to restore the license) and you contact a solicitor to make the application or you annoy the nice folk in the District Court office to tell you and give you the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

bazmak wrote: »
    who do i go to ?
    i never sent in my driving licence either!
    will that effect anything?

Make the application through the district court office, You will need to have handed in your licence, paid the fine and got a quote for insurance. Also you will be asked about your attitude to drink driving.

mcgarrett wrote: »
    Make the application through the district court office, You will need to have handed in your licence, paid the fine and got a quote for insurance. Also you will be asked about your attitude to drink driving.

what happens if i didnt hand in my licence?

i spent a few hours in jail already for the fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

bazmak wrote: »
    what happens if i didnt hand in my licence?

i spent a few hours in jail already for the fine!

The judge will probably be unimpressed. The fact that you haven't handed in your licence might indicate to him you have been using it during your disqualification. The fact you didn't pay the fine would indicate you weren't too bothered by what you did.

Seanbeag1 wrote: »
    The judge will probably be unimpressed. The fact that you haven't handed in your licence might indicate to him you have been using it during your disqualification. The fact you didn't pay the fine would indicate you weren't too bothered by what you did.

have to agree when you look at it like that :(
    what do you recommend i should do?
    would it be worth my while paying a solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

Well, how did it turn out for you????????

Advertisement