Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for big brother.

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Heya
    Am due our little one in 8 weeks. We already have a 6 year old. Wanted the baby to "buy" him a present. Don't really want to buy him any big toys as his birthday is the following month and as well Christmas will be close to. But racking my brain on what to buy him.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My little baby got my big 2 year old a Gruffalo teddy as it was her favourite book!
    Maybe get him a book to read to baby and a little present from him to baby like a hankie teddy as I call them,they look like hankies with a teddy head!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

How about a disposable camera and a small photo album?
    At 6 years ,I'd imagine he'd be able to take photos and/or get you to take some of him & new baby together,those memories will last forever.
    Best of luck with rest of pregnancy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

msthe80s wrote: »
    How about a disposable camera and a small photo album?
    At 6 years ,I'd imagine he'd be able to take photos and/or get you to take some of him & new baby together,those memories will last forever.
    Best of luck with rest of pregnancy:)

Thanks that's a great idea. Might get him Both of them ideas. Neither will break the bank. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

We are expecting our 2nd baby in 5 weeks and we have an 8 year old. We are going to get him a little camera, we think he will feel very grown up and responsible and might get him into the big brother role.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Love that camera idea :D great way to make the older child feel important and keep him occupied snapping away :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

How about a 3D casting kit. They are not that expensive and are handy to use. I done one for my 4 year old when he was 1 year old. Ill post this link of one, but shop around. They might even do them in art and craft shops over here.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Newborn-baby-gift-3D-Casting-Kit-Cast-hand-foot-pewter-/320742714912?pt=UK_Baby_Maternity_Pregnancy_MJ&hash=item4aadc16e20

Advertisement