Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower regs

Options
  • 01-09-2011 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Do i need to run a sepperate earth cable from board to unit along with 10sq T&E.What breaker type is required at board nowadays.Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

djtony1 wrote: »
    Do i need to run a sepperate earth cable from board to unit along with 10sq T&E.What breaker type is required at board nowadays.Thanks

If you are talking about an instantaneous shower:
    1) The cable t to supply the shower unit should be a minimum of 6 sq mm T + E. Sometimes a larger cable will be required depending on the size and length of run.

2) Protection should be provided by a dedicated RCBO 30mA type B rated at 32 or 40A (depending on load size). Or a dedicated MCB and RCD combination with the same ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 djtony1

shower will be a triton t90 i reckon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

shower will be a triton t90 i reckon

This is the instantaneous type.
    They are available in 9.5 and 10.5 kW.

How long is the cable run from the main board?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

T90 also available 8.5kw

bout 25 feet from board to switch n then 6ft from sw to unit

• Advertisement

Thanks for your replies folks its much appreciated btw.

bout 25 feet from board to switch n then 6ft from sw to unit
    Short run. 6 sq should be OK for a 9.5 kW unit

Thanx 2011. Do you know off hand should i run a seperate earth along side for bonding pipework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Main and supp bonding are another matter
    all the shower needs is a cpc

id say showers are 8.5/9.5 or thereabouts
    at 230 unless theyve upped them here

Advertisement