Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leccy shops not selling T&E per meter anymore??

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Ive noticed that quite a good few Dublin based leccy wholesalers have stopped selling T&E by the meter now.

So too have Woodies DIY and also BnQ.

WHY?????

Is there any wholesalers in North Dublin that are still selling it by the meter?

Mostly after 2.5 T&E.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The prices DIY shops charge for lengths is generally dear enough anyway. You will get a roll for the price of a short lenght in a lot of cases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

KoolKid wrote: »
    The prices DIY shops charge for lengths is generally dear enough anyway. You will get a roll for the price of a short lenght in a lot of cases.

Found a place that will do 30 meters of 2.5T&E for 25 euro plus vat.

They still sell it per meter too.

You are right,how woodies and BnQ can justify their prices for a 25 meter roll of 2.5 T&E is beyond me.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

i know a place that will do 30 mtrs for 21 euro.....inc vat.......;)

does that mean, if i do my sums right, that a 100 mtr coil of 2.5 t&e is 83 euro plus vat in that supplier ?

i know a place that will do 30 mtrs for 21 euro.....inc vat.......;)

does that mean, if i do my sums right, that a 100 mtr coil of 2.5 t&e is 83 euro plus vat in that supplier ?

Cheapest I found was up near Finglas at 24 euro (including vat) for 30 meters.

Where is doing at 21 euro?.....and fast please:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Woodies: 10-square, 5m (yes, 5 meters): €39.

They claim that the price of copper has gone through the roof, hence justifying their costs. Well there isn't a kilo of copper in 5 meters and the spot price for copper is ~€4.60/kg...

I went and got 30 meters of 2.5 T&E this afternoon for 21 euro.Happy days.:)

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Woodies: 10-square, 5m (yes, 5 meters): €39.

They claim that the price of copper has gone through the roof, hence justifying their costs. Well there isn't a kilo of copper in 5 meters and the spot price for copper is ~€4.60/kg...

I dont shop in Woodies anymore,I go in for a look but I dont buy anything from them.More money in my back pocket is best for me.

Their pricing is just unreal and ott.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

paddy147 wrote: »
    I went and got 30 meters of 2.5 T&E this afternoon for 21 euro.Happy days.

Thats about right
    100m 2.5 T&E is around €70 in Meteor.

Thats about right
    100m 2.5 T&E is around €70 in Meteor.

ill do it for 69.96 per 100 :p

• Advertisement

Incl delivery?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It will be cheaper to make the conductors from gold soon. And 1.5 will do for sockets then:D

Incl delivery?:)

if by delivery ye mean carry it out to the van for ye, then yeah delivery is not a problem :D

Advertisement