Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heat barrier

• 01-09-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi i have quick query, i have a stove recessed back 6inch into a stone fireplace with a pitch pine timber lintel about 50mm above the top of the stove now i want to fit some sort of a heat barrier on the bottom of the pitch pine which wont be visible, any suggestions on the best/safest materials to use.
    many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi i have quick query, i have a stove recessed back 6inch into a stone fireplace with a pitch pine timber lintel about 50mm above the top of the stove now i want to fit some sort of a heat barrier on the bottom of the pitch pine which wont be visible, any suggestions on the best/safest materials to use.
    many thanks

Adhesive heat shield/blanket that is used in the motorsport industry.

Can be cut to any shape and size and will not peel off.

Once it stick on,it aint comming back off that eaily and will work to 1000 degrees Celcuis.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

thanks for reply,does it come as a stick on sheet and wheres best place to source it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

thanks for reply,does it come as a stick on sheet and wheres best place to source it.

Yep,comes with self adhesieve backing.

Most big motor factors will have it or any motorsport shops will have it in stock.

Google DEI Heatshields.

Advertisement