Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best router for multiple xboxs with open nats?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

as the title says. im having problems just getting 2 xboxs connecting to my UPC thomson POS at the same time. its just killing one of them. 1 is in the DMZ and the other is upnp port forwarded so i dont see the problem.:mad:

anyway, anyone any experience with a good one?

i need open nats and good throughput on 4 xboxs and a few PC's. bandwidth isnt a problem cause ive got the 100mb package.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Try assigning them all static IP addresses and then open the appropriate ports for each console.

Then refresh your router (unplug the mains) for at least thirty seconds before you turn all the consoles on.

By doing this, I managed to get three consoles on open NAT but it did require constant power cycling of the router before I played each time.

Sorted the whole problem out by buying a Linksys E3000 router. Never had an issue since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

HI Moose...

Thinking of changing from my Netgear router, as I can't get it off Moderate NAT, you mentioned the Linksys E3000 router. Is it easy set up Open NAT on that, and would recommend that one for XBOX live?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Get a router that you can install DDWRT firmware on, its awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

The E3000 doesn't need to be set up, it automatically has everything sorted. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The E3000 doesn't need to be set up, it automatiocally has everything sorted. Highly recommended.

Cheers, if I am upgrading, I will take a look at it.
    Finally got open NAT setup last night anyways, great guide stickied on this forum, sorted me out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement