Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get container of goods from Poland cheap

Options
  • 01-09-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I want to import a container of goods from poland, would have anybody have any advice on what would be the most cost effective way, would a driver returning from doing a drop there be able to collect a container and bring it back at a reasonable price .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Doubt it, most backloads are full. But you never know. Contact some of the big hauliers in Ireland who serve the continent like Nolans,Breens,Caffreys,Virginia Transport etc

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

I want to import a container of goods from poland, would have anybody have any advice on what would be the most cost effective way, would a driver returning from doing a drop there be able to collect a container and bring it back at a reasonable price .

Hello Fatherbuzcagney,

Roadhaulage is an expensive mode of transport and I reckon that backloads from Poland will be € 3000 upwards. Depending on where the goods are to be loaded in Poland it makes more sense to use seafreight. It takes a bit longer but is a lot cheaper.

If you can tel me where you have the load in Poland (name of town plus postal code), the commodity / type of goods, an aproximate weight and where it needs to be delivered in Ireland, I would be happy to check what rates are available and provide you a quote.

Best regards,
    Rudolf289

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Doubt it, most backloads are full. But you never know. Contact some of the big hauliers in Ireland who serve the continent like Nolans,Breens,Caffreys,Virginia Transport etc

Howdy,

you can take it that none of the Irish hauliers come back empty from anywhere they go to.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Howdy,

you can take it that none of the Irish hauliers come back empty from anywhere they go to.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

thats what i said........:confused:

thats what i said........:confused:

At the risk of splitting hairs (I know, this is very tong in cheek :)...), you said "most", leaving the possibility that some of them might come back empty to Ireland.

There is no way that any Irish haulier comes back empty to Ireland.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Hello Fatherbuzcagney,

Roadhaulage is an expensive mode of transport and I reckon that backloads from Poland will be € 3000 upwards. Depending on where the goods are to be loaded in Poland it makes more sense to use seafreight. It takes a bit longer but is a lot cheaper.

If you can tel me where you have the load in Poland (name of town plus postal code), the commodity / type of goods, an aproximate weight and where it needs to be delivered in Ireland, I would be happy to check what rates are available and provide you a quote.

Best regards,
    Rudolf289

Thanks Rudolf,

I will pm you details over weekend , thank you for your help.

Fr, buzc

At the risk of splitting hairs (I know, this is very tong in cheek :)...), you said "most", leaving the possibility that some of them might come back empty to Ireland.

There is no way that any Irish haulier comes back empty to Ireland.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

currently backloads are hard to get for some hauliers, from some european countries. I know this to be the case. My family are in Haulage, so I'm not wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

A bit O/T, but would anyone know how / where to get a container? Just for storage space, you know the way you see them here and there in peoples yards. Please PM me if anyone has any info - Thanks

newmug wrote: »
    A bit O/T, but would anyone know how / where to get a container? Just for storage space, you know the way you see them here and there in peoples yards. Please PM me if anyone has any info - Thanks

loads on donedeal.......

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/all/for-sale/Ireland/20ft%20container

currently backloads are hard to get for some hauliers, from some european countries. I know this to be the case. My family are in Haulage, so I'm not wrong.

Hello MidlandsM,

I would be happy to offer assistance in trying to get backloads for your family's haulage business. Feel free to PM me details and I see if there is anything I can do to assist

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Advertisement

Hello MidlandsM,

I would be happy to offer assistance in trying to get backloads for your family's haulage business. Feel free to PM me details and I see if there is anything I can do to assist

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Hi,

Thanks for the offer, but my folks need no assistance, they're full all the time,but there are companies whom I'm not going to mantion here on a public forum running empty, but will not admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BidForFreight

BidForFreight.ie give free quotes for B2B... if your not a business/owner they accepted visa

E-mail info@bidforfreight.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

Pm sent Rudolf, thanks.

Advertisement