Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toadstools?

Options
  • 01-09-2011 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi everyone, Just wondering if its possible to get toadstool seeds or potted ones anywhere in Ireland? I love the look of them and I think they would grow well in my front garden.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cora09

I've had a nosey on ebay and got back 'mushroom sports' when i had actually searched for 'mushroom spores'.. also google doesn't help much cos all that's coming back with is 'shroom' growing kits... perhaps you could try luring mushrooms into your garden by leaving some damp dead wood lying round

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

fungus actually needs something to feed on, so you would need something in the garden that is probably not already there.

you can buy mushroom dowel kits which fruit from rotting hardwood, but i suspect you're looking for something to grow in your lawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DR HOUSE

thanks for the replies, what type of things do mushrooms feed off?? we live in a boggy part of the country so the front garden is mossy grass very smushy doesnt get much light, i wouldnt mind where they grew in the garden really, are they native to Ireland? we do have random bits of old fence around the sides of the house maybe ill have a root around see if i can see anything! anyone have any links to where you can buy these mushroom dowel kits?
    thanks again!

Advertisement