Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cattle horse trailer

• 01-09-2011 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭

I just saw this ad on donedeal
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trailers/2372520
    Is it a bargain or would it end up being a money pit?
    I have been on the look out for a cattle horse trailer for some time the budget is low but I can do the repair work myself. Just wondering what everyone here thinks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A trailer without brakes is a death trap ands an accident waiting to happen. 3 X 400kg cattle + weight of trailer.... :eek: I doubt they're the best on this example. Rules and regs really clamping down on this, new ones coming in next year, 2012.

Saying that if it's for behind a tractor it'd probably be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

It looks to be using some "proper" trailer axles so odds are all the parts will be available to rebuild the brakes.

Could be a moneypit, but if you have the time and do the job right then you'll know that the end result is right.

you could spend three times as much on a better looking box with a good floor and still not know how much life is left in the brakes.

If I had the time I'd probably be all over that. the fundamentals appear sound from the pics.

It's got a spare wheel, mudguards and has clearly seen a couple of coats of paint in it's life, all things that point towards a machine that has to some extent at least been maintained.

from the pics I'd say they're rice horsebox axles under it, and all parts are still available for them as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

I'd say go for it. At €350 (and probably a bit less after haggling) that still leaves a nice few bob to spend on doing up the trailer (new floor, brakes) and come out with a good trailer for small money

Advertisement