Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of a scanner in Waterford

• 01-09-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44

Hi,

I need to scan an item to a computer and none of my friends/family have a working one in their homes. Is there somewhere in the city I could use one?

I can't really think of where to try. Internet cafes? Xtravision?

I tried Ardkeen library today and they do not have one, so thought I'd throw the question up here!

Thanks in advance :]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

You could try one of the smaller print/ design places in town. Maybe Suir Dzign on Patrick St. just up opposite the old cinema? Might be charged a small fee (maybe 2 blips) though as most printers will face a surcharge per scan or print by the machine supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

I think there's an internet cafe up above where Claires Accessories is now, near City Square. There's also a smaller print shop on Parnell Street opposite Xtravision. Failing that, I'd say if you went in and explained the situation to the CTI or something and asked nicely they might do you the favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Moonmad

delighted. wrote: »
    Hi,

I need to scan an item to a computer and none of my friends/family have a working one in their homes. Is there somewhere in the city I could use one?

I can't really think of where to try. Internet cafes? Xtravision?

I tried Ardkeen library today and they do not have one, so thought I'd throw the question up here!

Thanks in advance :]

The place in The Book Centre will scan a doc and email it to you. Think they charge 2.50 for service. If you have an android phone download camscanner, works a treat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 delighted.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Genius Scan on the iphone works well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement