Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student at nuig?

Options
  • 02-09-2011 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone!:)

I have been messing with the idea of going back to college as a mature student the past few months but only in the last month or so i have decided i would really like to have a degree of some sort under my belt.
    After doing a lot of thinking on what might suit me best ie. PE, Law etc. i found that psychology would most likely be the best option/fit.
    I would have preferred to do this at Nuig instead of Ul but i was told that the psychology course at Nuig is not open to mature students?
    I can do it at Ul alright but Nuig would have been so much better for me.
    Has anyone else applied to Nuig for this course and been told the same?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

You could apply to Arts pick psychology as one of the subjects and the top in the class can then go onto psych as their degree. I'm not sure how many from the top they take it might only be 15 or something thou so its a risk but i met a man last week who did it and is going into 2nd year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Thanks Marvel 80, i did a bit of research into this and it would appear your spot on. Top 15 go into 2nd year psych afaik. One thing i didnt understand though was how those top 15 are referred to as doing denominated psych as opposed to the undenominated's? What does this mean?

Also when/if offered 2nd year on psych degree, would this mean completely leaving behind the arts, just totally focusing then on 2nd and 3rd/final year?

Thanks again, are you doing it btw?:)

Advertisement