Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The college recipe thread

Options
  • 02-09-2011 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

So i'm starting college soon and will be living on a tight budget just like everyone else. I cook occasionally but not much so I am looking for easy, quick recipes that won't break the bank all while being at least somewhat healthy and yummy. It would be especially cool if I could make it in bulk and freeze it and them reheat it when I come in in the evening. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,437 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mightn't be quite what you're after, but check out this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Meat is often a problem when on a budget - but I find that the best value meat is to buy a whole chicken and roast it. That way you get a delicious meal on day 1 and can use the left overs for other meals (curries, pasta etc) or use them in sandwiches for lunch during the week. For 2 people we find that 1 chicken lasts us up to 3-4 meals (depending on how greedy we are!)
    IMO you're better off forking out the extra €2-3 for an organic chicken, the quality+flavour will be much better and you'll find you can eat less and feel more satisfied.
    Stew freezes really well, and can be quite a cheap meal to make too - and also a good way to use up all your veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi there. As The Black Oil mentioned we already have the Easy Peasy Recipes thread which should suit your needs. Let's keep these recipes all in that thread. ;)

Thanks,

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement