Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account hacked

Options
  • 02-09-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

I got an email this evening to say my Xbox Live subscription had been transferred to a Russian account :eek:

So I managed to log into my Windows Live account and requested a password change. This worked fine but when I logged in again, the locale had changed to Russian i.e. everything was in Cyrillic and 1600 points had disappeared from my account :( Luckily, my CC details aren't on there.

I'm still able to log in to my gamertag on the Xbox though, but I can't change the locale back to Ireland. I will call Xbox support in the morning.

Anyone know how this might have happened? I don't know how anyone might have gained access to my Live account as I keep my passwords pretty secure. Not sure if this is a common occurence or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Call support, tell them you're account was compromised and we'll have a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It won't get changed back to Irish.

You've lost the Gamertag license to all your DLC too.

It happened because you either gave out your details (fake login page, key logger, fake promo offer) or your account just wasn't secure enough (weak password, easily guessed secret answer).

Advertisement