Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three sim required.

Options
  • 02-09-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

three sim required, i want to test out the network before getting a bill pay contract and dont want to buy from the store or the internet as i have to buy minimum of 5 euro top up.

anyone have a spare sim they could lend me please. if yes pm me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

They send out free Sims as far as I can see from their website.

http://www.three.ie/shop/simonly.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I think they're still free. It's just saying that the minimum top up is 5 euro but you can select None when ordering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I couldn't select free when I ordered a prepaid phone yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

three sim required, i want to test out the network before getting a bill pay contract and dont want to buy from the store or the internet as i have to buy minimum of 5 euro top up.

anyone have a spare sim they could lend me please. if yes pm me.

So you want to test using somebody elses credit/bill?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭litmus paper

at kenny, no i was asking if some one has a spare sim. i did not ask anyone to buy me one. read it right.

at kenny, no i was asking if some one has a spare sim. i did not ask anyone to buy me one. read it right.

Yeah, but TBH with Three you really need to use it for a week or more, calls, texts and internet. It may be a fiver well spent if it turns out there are network issues in the areas you visit regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PrettyButch

If you go into the shop and get a new number, they give you a sim with €10 credit. (After registering with them, ~ I just gave all my details to the girl in the store).
    I had a temp number, well, temporary for me.

IF you don't get the €10 registration credit that way :

They don't allow top up by less then €10, If they do, i couldn't get it, in Eurospar, Spar, Mace or Centra.
    So a minimum of €5 top up, is actually €10.
    Also, their 1744 (Top up number) Is never working, so you have to ring customer service to get a rep to top you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

To test it you are going to need credit anyway. so just buy 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You can buy €5 vouchers in 3 stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭litmus paper

I bought the sim, but it wont work in my htc desire hd phone. i spoke to the helpline and they say three sims work in three phones only. bloody ridicolous, wasted my 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

That's not true. My wife and I have O2 bought iphone and Blackberry 9700 and both are unlocked and work fine with a Three sim. Do you have your device unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I bought the sim, but it wont work in my htc desire hd phone. i spoke to the helpline and they say three sims work in three phones only. bloody ridicolous, wasted my 5 euro.
    That sounds like nonsense to me. Is the phone locked to another network by chance?

Phone needs to be unlocked.

Advertisement