Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Year ITB

Options
  • 02-09-2011 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

So as a new student starting in ITB next thursday, i wanna know what its gonna be like? I'm doing Creative Digital Media, anyone else doing this? :p

Whats the general atmosphere of the place like?

What are the best societies? (in your opinion)

And whats this Personal Development thing? its seems to be the first module of the year? :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

Flynn1 wrote: »
    So as a new student starting in ITB next thursday, i wanna know what its gonna be like? I'm doing Creative Digital Media, anyone else doing this? :p
    I think there is a few CDM students on here.
    http://www.creativedigitalmedia.ie
    Whats the general atmosphere of the place like?
    The atmosphere is generally good. Normally relaxed, but as usual, at exams times, everyone is in a rush. I reckon since there is many more student this year, it may be hard to find a free computer when your waiting for a class or a class is canceled. So if you have a laptop, bring it in with ye.
    What are the best societies? (in your opinion)
    Airsoft Society, because who doesn't like be able to shoot a mod of boards.ie!? (KonFusion started the society ;) )
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695278
    http://itbairsoft.com/site/wordpress/

Since your doing CDM, you may also like the PhotoSoc.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ITB-Photosoc/225824752288
    www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055692175
    And whats this Personal Development thing? its seems to be the first module of the year? :confused:
    Everyone in first year does it. It's like an English class. It is thought by Senator Ronan Mullen. You do a presentation to your class in it too (well I did).

Any other questions?

I'm starting 3rd year CompSci this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Might I also direct you to this thread

Never mind. Saw you already posted in it. Welcome to boards Flynn!

ITB is a lovely place :D, and your course seems to be very much enjoyed.

While ITB may be smaller than other colleges, it still has a fantastic community. Try and get involved in as much as you can, make friends, and you'll find it all a very rewarding and enjoyable experience.

Just remember that nobody checks that you're doing your work. So if you don't put in the effort and discipline yourself, you'll find it's very easy to slip behind.

PS. Thanks for the plug joker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Flynn1

I think there is a few CDM students on here.
    http://www.creativedigitalmedia.ie

Yeah i caught that one there a while ago too! Thanks Joker BIG help, this place sounds amazing :D

Who would have thought that i would have that chance to shoot me some Moderators? Although, they're more experienced and ill probably be on the ground in severe pain..:cool:

Apart from that presentation, I cannot wait to start, I never liked presentations.. :rolleyes:
    KonFusion wrote: »
    Welcome to boards Flynn!

Thanks KonFusion!

Ill be at least checking out everything!
    Also I happened to stumble across an old post there last night, is the ComputerSoc still going with their games do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Also I happened to stumble across an old post there last night, is the ComputerSoc still going with their games do you know?

Yes they're still going. Here's their thread:

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I'm starting 1st year also doing Early Childhood Care and Education.

*waves*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Never actually heard of that Personal Development module myself, seems um interesting anyway.

The college is like any other in the sense that you get out of it what you put in, getting involved in clubs and socs etc. If you just go in 9am to whatever and head straight home it'll kinda suck. It's a shame there's nothing going on clubs or socs wise after classes on a regular basis as once it hits about 4pm or 5pm the place seems a bit dead.

Imo it's a bit like a large school, there's no real buzz about the place unless it's freshers week or there's something that's been organised. But there's more and more people in the college every year so hopefully it'll start to build

Oh and the Ultimate club *cough cough* is awesome, or at least will be this year, just saying.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kittykat4780

Lola92 wrote: »
    I'm starting 1st year also doing Early Childhood Care and Education.

*waves*

:D

Hey Lola, just saw your post and was delighted as i dont know anyone else doing that course in ITB, are you excited? :D

Hey! Killyourtv_ over on the 'Know Your ITB People' thread is starting it aswel so that makes three of us!

Yea I'm really looking forward to it now. I don't know anyone in ITB at all so would be good to have a friendly face or two there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

FINALLY!!! Someone else from Wexford Lola92! Im not as out numbered as i was last year :p

Personal Development is grand. Its just showing you how to make presentations(powerpoint), improve skills, report writing etc. Welcome to ITB :D

oh cool! :D, yea it will make the first day alot easier, so are you living around there or commuting lola?

• Advertisement

FINALLY!!! Someone else from Wexford Lola92! Im not as out numbered as i was last year :p

Personal Development is grand. Its just showing you how to make presentations(powerpoint), improve skills, report writing etc. Welcome to ITB :D

Eeek don't want to burst any bubbles but I'm a Dub, just living in Wexford! I was told I'm picking up an accent though if that helps any :D

@Kittykat, I'll be living in Dublin during the week for college and home at weekends. I'm southside though so still a bit of a commute! Where are ye all based?

So, Lola92, are you getting the train from wexford into ITB everyday?, I have to get the dart and bus everyday, gonna be a long journey but it will be worth it :D

So, Lola92, are you getting the train from wexford into ITB everyday?, I have to get the dart and bus everyday, gonna be a long journey but it will be worth it :D

Crossed posts there I reckon! Not quite sure how I'll be getting in yet. Hopefully driving some days and then dart,train and shuttle bus the rest of the time.

yea sorry lola, im new at boards, can you tell? :P anyway, that doesnt sound too bad, wish i could drive in, it would be so much easier :P, Im in wicklow so its a commute for me too :P, buses and darts galore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

Kittykat & Lola; Sounds like a commute for all of us.. I live not far from Blanchardstown (in Clondalkin) and I have to take a bus all the way into town and all the way from town to blanch, about 2hours in total on two buses.. Such a pain in the face and i havent started yet! :p

Kittykat & Lola; Sounds like a commute for all of us.. I live not far from Blanchardstown (in Clondalkin) and I have to take a bus all the way into town and all the way from town to blanch, about 2hours in total on two buses.. Such a pain in the face and i havent started yet! :p

Now that's a killer! If I took the bus it would be same for me about 2 hours with the change in town, dart and bus should only be about an hour though hopefully! Pi**es me right off though coz I could drive it in less than half an hour, losing precious sleep lol

Lola92 wrote: »

Now that's a killer! If I took the bus it would be same for me about 2 hours with the change in town, dart and bus should only be about an hour though hopefully! Pi**es me right off though coz I could drive it in less than half an hour, losing precious sleep lol

I know what you girls mean, im going to be getting up at like six everyday to get a dart for about seven and then the bus out and i enjoy my sleep:p
    So girls are you going to that bbq thing tomorrow? Sounds like fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

I know what you girls mean, im going to be getting up at like six everyday to get a dart for about seven and then the bus out and i enjoy my sleep:p
    So girls are you going to that bbq thing tomorrow? Sounds like fun :D
    Im up for going for an hour or so, might be fun.. we gotta get tickets for it somewhere so it might be a good idea to get it early - just in case! Wonder if ITB know how dedicated we all are to getting to college ;)

Advertisement