Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nespresso Capsules in Limerick?

• 02-09-2011 7:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anybody know where I could buy Nespresso capsules in limerick? I seem to remember an ad lately in one of the local papers advertising them for sale but can’t find it on Google. None for the shops selling the actual machines sell the capsules as far as I know in Limerick. BT in Cork does but not here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭sioda

There is no seller here in limerick. Its bt in dublin or cork or nespresso club online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Im informed that tesco now carry them...I brought a batch home from spain with me..but i was told tesco here now have them. I havent actually checked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

I have seen Nespresso in Brown Thomas in Limerick.

Bt in limerick sell the machines but not the capsules. Pretty sure tesco don't sell them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thanks for the replies guy's. I could buy them from the club but I just wanted to have a few over the weekend. Has anybody actually seen these in Tesco? Might take a spin out to coonagh

• Advertisement

Was out in coonagh no sign of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

sioda wrote: »
    Was out in coonagh no sign of them

Boo

mmmm...i see a business here running these over form spain...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks sioda! You saved me a journey.

If you can see a business drifter point me to it cause it ain't me selling them.

Seems silly tho that the machines are so readily available but the capsules are not. Order gone in through the club so I'll be back in action next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Think I saw a sign on French's window on Catherine Street advertising Nespresso!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

French's cafe in Catherine St have a sign on the window selling capsules that fit the Nespresso machine but are not Nespresso coffee and I think you still have to order them online. Other than that for the real deal its either online from the Nespresso Club or a trip to BT's Cork or Dublin to the boutiques.

Thanks for the replies all. Don't think i'd use the replica nespresso capsules to be honest. I've read mixed reviews about them previously online. All going well I should be back in action today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

I ordered a load of them last christmas when they brought out the special editions, ended up getting about 250 capsules, there was a special offer on so it was worth it. still plenty left :)

The only inconvenience is you cant get them in Limerick, but i'd be down in Cork or up in Dublin a bit so i just pick up one or two packs when im up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Thanks for the replies all. Don't think i'd use the replica nespresso capsules to be honest. I've read mixed reviews about them previously online. All going well I should be back in action today :D

I wonder has anyone treid them?

I bought some blank capsules last year and ground my own coffee but it didn't really work out. Filling and sealing them was messy, fiddly and kind of haphazard. The resultant coffee was drinkable but nothing special.

The beauty of Nespress is the simplicity: you drop in your capsule, press a button and enjoy a miniature pint of Guinness.

If someone was selling pre-filled capsules I'd give them a go.

Going off topic:
    Nestle seem to have an odd marketing strategy with Nespresso....limiting availablity to create the perception of exclusivity, an overly pretentious website that makes you order in multiples of 50 capsules.....for packaging reasons! And don't get me started on the insufferable, self important arseholes working in the Nespresso shops.........I went in to one in Brussels last year and you'd think I was taking out a mortgage rather than buying a few packs of instant coffee.

Still.....nice coffee though.

Advertisement