Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grads Registering

Options
  • 02-09-2011 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Any other post grads wake up bright and early to find registration isn't open yet?

Or is it just an issue with my account/application? :(

I keep getting this same page every time I log in
    Registration for 2011/12 is not available for you at this point. Check your registration dates: http://www.ucd.ie/students/regdates.html
    If you have outstanding fees from a previous year you will not be able to register.

Go to Information for Students at the top of this page.
    Choose Pay Fees from the menu and pay any outstanding amounts.
    Processing of late payments may take up to two days.
    If you wish to pay fees in advance of registration:

Go to Information for Students at the top of this page.
    Choose Pay Fees from the menu and pay the relevant amount.
    Your registration dates will be as indicated above.
    If your programme's registration has begun and you still see this screen it may mean that the post-admissions processing of your record is not complete. New registrations are released once a day. Please check again later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I've just been able to register in the last half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

My account is showing the full amount of outstanding fees despite have grant confirmation and I can't seem to choose electives either. A few annoying phonecalls might await :(

EDIT: Whoops, on closer inspection I was wrong about the electives, that's fine. Still have fee issues though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eepha

I went into the student desk and it was all sorted within 20 mins, whereas yesterday it took ages to get through on the phone. If you're close enough to UCD that you can pop in I'd suggest it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

VALIS wrote: »
    My account is showing the full amount of outstanding fees despite have grant confirmation and I can't seem to choose electives either. A few annoying phonecalls might await :(

EDIT: Whoops, on closer inspection I was wrong about the electives, that's fine. Still have fee issues though!
    Have you told the student desk that your grant was approved? Just take a copy of the council email to them. Even after that, it doesn't happen instantly.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

I called them up and was told not to worry as it takes a few days for the grants to be credited to the accounts and even at that my account was credited by 5pm so everything is going swimmingly at the moment! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Just reading this thread and got slightly worried, has everyone gone to register straight away?? I was away for a few days and decided I'd register on Monday, is there some reason why I should be trying to register as soon as it opens? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Just reading this thread and got slightly worried, has everyone gone to register straight away?? I was away for a few days and decided I'd register on Monday, is there some reason why I should be trying to register as soon as it opens? :o

No i wouldn't be to worried about registering straight away. If you have no electives or option modules then as long as you register before the closing date in a week or two you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

cozzie55 wrote: »
    No i wouldn't be to worried about registering straight away. If you have no electives or option modules then as long as you register before the closing date in a week or two you should be fine.

Decided to have a look through the modules available myself and spotted that one was 'full' yesterday. That seems pretty quick to me so as you say, if you have electives get on it to get your preferred modules.

I'm a bit confused though. I clicked on the modules to choose them and paid 158 euro which it said I needed to. But I have not paid any other fees and my grant application isn't back yet, I'm just hoping the modules were actually picked properly. The wee circle for it is full signaling that section is done, but I haven't received an email confirming my choices or anything like that so not sure if it's done right:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

any idea what the €158 was for?
    I've never had to pay to register for modules before, you may be after selecting to do an extra subject which you don't need i.e. you'll be doing 13 modules or 65 credits instead of the 12 modules/60 credits required.

Also if they are on your timetable then you should be ok but usually you get an email to confirm you are registered to a certain module.

Although i'm just after thinking that registration for modules is provisional for a few days to allow people sufficient time to register. This is in case 20 people want to do a module that there are only 10 spaces in and that case places get given out by random selection and not first come first served basis.

The 158 fee is the student centre levy or something which they say officially registers you as a student. I take it that it's just an admin fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Swifty_N

I can't see any modules in my registration but maybe that's normal for a research degree. I am meant to be doing some though as part of the Structured PhD.
    Also, the fees screen says I owe 50 euro, as the internal transfer payment doesn't match the sum of the fees and the student levy.
    I don't know whether if I pay the difference the modules will appear!
    Ah well, orientation meeting tomorrow will tell me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

VALIS wrote: »
    The 158 fee is the student centre levy or something which they say officially registers you as a student. I take it that it's just an admin fee.

Yeah it's the student centre fee I think. An admin fee that isn't under the grant or anything.

All my modules are 'chosen' but there is nothing on my calender apart from the core preselected modules. I presume what a poster above said is correct, that they wait until everyone is registered and allocate the option modules by chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

I also have the problem with the outstanding fees online. I emailed the student desk today asking when I could pay by, and I outlined that I was eligible for the grant. Was there a letter or email we got from our local authority to say we've been approved, and we just show that to the student desk?

Yes you must send a letter of approval from your grant authority to the student desk, or if you live nearby you can hand it over to them. After they've seen that they will, after some time, credit your account and you'll only have to pay the difference between what the grant covers and the fees.

Advertisement