Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway, City of...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

City of useless councillors

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

City of serial objectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

City of Tome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

City of blow ins who think they're from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

streets paved with gold....dutch gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

"City of scumbag retailers" who take take take and put nothing back in.

Or "City of Corruption"

I don't miss it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

City of medical device companies.

"City Of Delusion" Re: The Latin quarter / City of culture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Soon to be..

City of traffic lights.

Oh God!! They will more then likely make a bad situation worse! Didn't realise they were doing that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

charlemont wrote: »
    Soon to be..
    City of traffic lights.

City of blinding lights more like

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Absolutely amazing .... not one positive comment about galway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

Eh excuse me?
    City of wet bitches.

Maybe we have been all a bit too hard on the "City Of Tribes" so. Sure it's grand during the daytime when the sun is out and everyone is hanging out and laughing.

It does have a special energy for sure! But because of the heavy drinking orientated nature of the town it mostly goes to waste? And even though there is a group of good creative people trying their best to bring out the potential of Galway, it is unfortunately still run by "Tin pot" gombeen politicians out for what they can get! Many councillors, retailers, publicans etc are nothing more then scumbags when you get to know them. It's the same all over I'm afraid? But particularly bad in the "City Of Tribes". (City Of Money grabbers?) They take take take and put nothing back in to the town or the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

Been alot places, and lived along time away from Galway... One thing I found, there is no place like it... it's friendly (alot of the time), It's mostly safe and you can walk around without too much bother as everything you need is fairly close by... Yes it's expensive on every front, yes the traffic is an absolute nightmare, yes the way it's run leaves alot to be desired... All of these things are true.... But I wouldn't live anywhere else for atmosphere, the prom, the fresh air, the views, it's just a great place... Think you have to be away from it a while to realise it tho...**** it, I Love It!!

City of Serenity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

City of Walkers.

City of Waterways.

parrai wrote: »
    Been alot places, and lived along time away from Galway... One thing I found, there is no place like it... it's friendly (alot of the time), It's mostly safe and you can walk around without too much bother as everything you need is fairly close by... Yes it's expensive on every front, yes the traffic is an absolute nightmare, yes the way it's run leaves alot to be desired... All of these things are true.... But I wouldn't live anywhere else for atmosphere, the prom, the fresh air, the views, it's just a great place... Think you have to be away from it a while to realise it tho...**** it, I Love It!!

City of Serenity

Glad you have found your El Dorado! Has it's perks for sure. It's all a matter of choice in the end eh? :)

Advertisement