Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in waterford city other than upc

• 02-09-2011 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a broadband provider in waterford city other than upc?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

EsatBT, UTV, Eircom, etc. All the main players operate in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Sully wrote: »
    EsatBT, UTV, Eircom, etc. All the main players operate in Waterford.

are three anygood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Wow EastBT is a blast from the past,
    They changed to BT a long time ago and were great, then they changed to vodafone. As for what they are like now just have a look at the threads on here.

UPC are going to be the cheapest around and are pretty good. Eircom is probably you next best bet but its a long time since i used them. You could also have a look at smart telecom and see if they are in your area. they may be a bit cheaper than Eircom

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Three don't do fixed line broadband, its "midband" which isn't as reliable or good compared to the fixed line broadband.

MacGyver; I saw them doing work in town the other week with the name EsatBT. Had forgotten about them prior! Do they do fixed line broadband with Vodafone?

Smart Telecom! What a history they had. Wonder how they are getting on now, never hear of them at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sully wrote: »
    MacGyver; I saw them doing work in town the other week with the name EsatBT. Had forgotten about them prior! Do they do fixed line broadband with Vodafone?
    The retail side was sold to Vodafone but the business side is still EsatBT (BT). There's also Digiweb to consider. UPC makes the most sense for residential users.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

are three anygood?

NO WAY - wouldnt recommend them certainly when you could have eircom for the same price or near around

I use Smart Telecom. Never had any problem with them, the broadband is lightening compared to UPC. I got a deal a couple of months ago now so I dont know the price now.

I would recommend it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

vodafone at home are the best i think only 40 quid a month pretty cheap and you get decent speeds 6 megs + and you can download anything you want unlike eircom.

Advertisement