Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judaism in the Religion & Spirituality section

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭

I don't where to place this question, so I thought I'd try here. It's just that I noticed there was no forum to discuss Judaism under the Religion & Spirituality section. How come? Will there ever be one?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Just realised this should've gone under Feedback, isn't it? :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from the Help Desk to Feedback with redirect expiring in 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I don't where to place this question, so I thought I'd try here. It's just that I noticed there was no forum to discuss Judaism under the Religion & Spirituality section. How come? Will there ever be one?
    I am not sure if anyone has ever asked for one... I presume it would have to go through the new forum request process like any other forum request, and if it had enough support it might be created... or something like that.

Is it something you want to see created or are you asking from a theoretical perspective?

MrP

I'm probably asking from a theoretical perspective. I just happened to see all the other religions are represented and thought it could be nice with one about Judaism too as I know very little about the religion and the culture ;)

No hassle on my behalf though :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm probably asking from a theoretical perspective. I just happened to see all the other religions are represented and thought it could be nice with one about Judaism too as I know very little about the religion and the culture ;)
    All other religions are represented? LOL :p

A Judaism forum was mooted and rejected before due to lack of support.

See request thread here.

• Advertisement

Thank you! That's good to know.

I don't mean all religions, but quite a few large ones :p

• Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm sure if there were a group of Jewish posters on boards that were interested in participating in and up-keeping the forum it would be a good idea. But in the absence of that like the linked thread exemplifies, it would just be a magnet for antisemitism.

Noticed it a long, long time ago - but that's essentially why. The only Jewish posters I have personally ever seen on the site are not in most cases legitimate users but usually the ones that sign up just to post Israeli propaganda from youtube and defend Israeli politics. Which is not always wrong in and of itself but back on this point: I've never seen any of them wish to actually discuss Judaism.

Advertisement