Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm/CCTV/Access Control

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys - normally post on triathlon forums but in the process of doing new build. Roof going up and sparks coming in. I have done the whole smart home/automation thing an realised that I will go myself with some things as the costs are huge. I have the following questions:

CCTV

Any thoughts on good CCTV system - when I google companies I get the basic 4 dome camera system with 500mb dvr - all reasonable quoted. Just want to make sure that what I get is not entry level and is a good system.

Access Control

Any thoughts on good colour video access control intercom. Again just googled and like the look of everyvue 950 with its touch screen. Is the touchscreen idea me just getting caught on the whole hi-tech side of thins.

Alarm

Looking for quotes. Surprising the number of people that didn't show up or never return called, especially local guys in my north Dublin (fingal) area. One guys came out and was nice. I didnt like the look of the window detectors (whits size of matchbox). Is there a system with a small detector that you can put on window rather than this. Also is there a system with touchscreen as u enter rather than the bulky whit box.

These are just asthetics - I know they don't influence whether system is good/bad - i'm hoping i can take care of this and be nice on eye at same time.

Many thanks,

del

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

For the CCTV most companies have there own preferred kit, best get a few surveys done and compare what kit is offered. A lot of the online offers are out of date and the kit is old.
    Has your electrician wired for cameras, I'd usually run a shotgun cable and a cat5 to each location. Some dvrs will take a hdmi, so allow for this and if it is going to be stored away in the AV cupboard then run a cat5 to each tv to allow for remote extenders etc
    Access, Comlit Planux or powercom panels are nice

Intruder, I would go with the Europlex Signet but texecom have the best looking keypads.
    If you vibration sensors on your windows then there is no way to avoid the boxes on the windows.
    Alternatively you could use flush contacts coupled with glass break sensors and Pirs.
    All this should be explained to you in a survey
    Hope this clears up a few things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Risco have a touchscreen keypad if your looking for a system with one. Here is a link.

I'd use a galaxy before the risco

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Any link to the Galaxy touchscreen ?

Here you go,

• Advertisement
Advertisement