Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin wasn't emptied, suggestions on where to take it

Options
  • 02-09-2011 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi, fdue to not getting back early enough from the graveyard shift, I missed the bin men, (general waste)
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what to do with a bin full of rubbish, anywhere I can take it to get it emptied?
    I have the use of a van to put the bin in, and I live outside Kill, so Naas-Dublin areas would be fine.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring the bin company and ask why your bin was not collected,they might collect it for you tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Ring the bin company and ask why your bin was not collected,they might collect it for you tomorrow.

Ah, my fault it wasnt collected, wasn't left out last night, I didn't get back from work until after 8 this am, bin gets emptied between 7-8 am......

Early birds I tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Silliot Hill near Kilcullen.

The filling station in Sallins has a machine that weighs your bag and you the paw the displayed fee and dump your bag in the chute, like a clothes recycling skip, but for bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ghandee wrote: »
    Ah, my fault it wasnt collected, wasn't left out last night, I didn't get back from work until after 8 this am, bin gets emptied between 7-8 am......

Early birds I tell ya!
    i would love if every customer thought the same as you but as others have said if you ring whatever company they might sort it out for you
    obviously though you willl have a full bin for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

open the bin and stamp the contents down.
    you will get another week or two out of it.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Chair, stand on chair, step into bin, jump up and down, hey presto, no more full bin. I've managed to go 3 months in a house with 4 people using that method. No paying for bin tags for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Choice is silliot hill on naas kilcullen road or ballymount waste station in middle of ballymount industrial estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Thanks for all the help guys!

Ended up just dumping it at the side of the road between naas and johnstown.

Joking! Took it to Kilcullen lol, thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

bring it to the woods,thats what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Chair, stand on chair, step into bin, jump up and down, hey presto, no more full bin. I've managed to go 3 months in a house with 4 people using that method. No paying for bin tags for me.

I know someone who fell out of his bin doing this and broke his arm. Isn't there an attachment you can buy now for wheelie bins that does this using a lever?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

airmax87 wrote: »
    bring it to the woods,thats what I would do.

This is an old post from Max Flower and the bottom one is from yours truly but I think it deserves to be in this thread too..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaxFlower
    He's here, he's there, he's everywhere. Backyard Buuuuuurner.
    He sends his plumes high into the sky
    No one knows when or why
    He flouts the law, has no integrity
    Cause he has a problem with authority.
    Live and let live he cries
    Waste managements he does despise
    For he has lived in the locale for years
    No law enforcer does he fear.
    So if you have a bag of crap.
    Chuck it in his garden for this nice chap
    He has a match, he has some fuel
    He'll burn the **** out of it - the tool.

Charlemont

Burn it baby, we're dumpin, dumpin,
    Double taxation, we're dumpin dumpin,
    Fill the boot of the car tonight,
    Find a spot with little or no light,
    Eco warriors will get a fright,
    When in the morn' they see a rotten sight,
    Burn it baby, we're dumpin, dumpin,
    Recycled my ass, we're dumpin, dumpin,
    Gimme your bottles, gimme your cans,
    Create a pile worse than ten caravans,
    At the side of a road, bottom of a stream,
    Saving money is the dream,
    Frustrate the governments greedy scheme,
    Now the countrysides a nightmare rather then a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

paul71 wrote: »
    I know someone who fell out of his bin doing this and broke his arm. Isn't there an attachment you can buy now for wheelie bins that does this using a lever?

You can use one of these things but be careful, I know someone that fell over it and broke their ankle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZNzC5WGm0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Ah jaysus, Joe, it's terrible. It really is terrible, Joe.

Advertisement